109.

Cristiano's POV

"And so..."
Elena began and I awaited my fate and the fate of our relationship. I had my hands at my hips and I could have sworn that my fingers were whiter than snow with the amount of force I was gripping them with. Was I about to lose the love of my life? All these years together, is she just gonna forget them and leave, the night before our wedding? We've been separated almost all her pregnancy, and now if she decides to leave again, she'll be taking our son with her too. She opened her mouth to tell everyone her verdict, and I was holding my breath.
"I need you to promise, in front of everyone here, including our mothers, that you will never lie to me again."
The breath I was holding rushed out as I was in full on shock. Does this mean I'm safe? That I'm still getting married tomorrow? I can only hope that's the case, but it's driving me insane thinking about it. I must have been silent for far too long, since everyone was already frowning at me. I stepped forward and took Elena's hand.

"First off, I'm sorry. The fact that you were asking me to promise, instead of informing me that you are leaving me, caught me by surprise. But I can assure you, and everyone else in this room, or anywhere else in the world for that matter, that I never plan on lying to you again. Even if it means being truthful about the smallest details of life, like the fact that it was me who left the toilet seat up, instead of blaming it on our sons, I'm fully on board with that. You are the love of my life, and I'm nothing without you."
I didn't want to get too excited about this. Maybe she's still gonna call off our wedding. But by the look in her eyes, I think I can let my heart start beating again.
"In that case, I think you have a bachelor's party to continue celebrating. Music please, I'm getting married tomorrow!"
Elena said and cheers erupted from our friends and family, as the music started again. I grabbed Elena's face in my hands and pressed my lips against hers. I was so happy that I could burst, literally. After parting, I looked at her incredibly beautiful face, and smiled, knowing that she's gonna be my wife.

I leaned over and, in hopes that she would hear me with all this music, and once again confirmed that I was never gonna lie to her again. She responded by hugging me and I finally found peace, right where I always do, in her arms. André came over to me, and tapped my shoulder, signaling we should head back to my party. But honestly, I didn't want to, every nerve in my body worried about the possibility of something happening again. But Elena gave me a reassuring nod and I relaxed. Coming home after everything was done, I saw that El was already there, checking on our sleeping boys. I took a stand at the door to Andrés' room, leaning against the doorframe, as I watched her warmly caress his cheek, humming his favorite kids song. He must have woken up and she had to put him back to sleep. Noticing my presence, she turned around, and smiled at me. We were both exhausted that we could see it in each other's eyes. So we got ready for bed, and fell asleep in each other's arms. In a matter of hours, I will be watching her walk down the aisle, in all her beauty, and I'll once again be reminded that I'm the luckiest guy in the world to be spending the rest of my life with her.

Opening my eyes to the light shining from the windows, I got up in a sitting position and chuckled to myself. It's today, the beginning of the rest of my life. Elena was not at my side, so I'm assuming she's already begun her preparations. I guess I should do the same. After a quick shower I called André and he instructed me that he was on his way over. He's like a little brother to me and we've gotten really close over the time we know each other, and adding to that the friendship of our girls. Of course he was gonna be my best man. We agreed to get ready together, and I was honestly shocked he was not here yet. He's been a huge help along the way, along with Sanya and I will never be able to thank them enough for everything. As soon as André was here, we started our preparations.
"It was hilarious watching the girls get ready before you called. Every single detail getting checked about a 100 times."
We joked around, and I tried to get some info on how Elena looks, but he notified me he's not gonna give anything away. Why do you have to be great friends with Elena too?

---***---
I'm really sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter out. I had so many exams and family stuff that I didn't even have time to sit down and breathe. So I hope there is still someone who likes this story and waited for this chapter 😊 let me know what you think. The next chapter is the wedding you guys! I'm so excited to write it!
Also, thank you so so much for over 50k reads! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it! 💕

Stay beautiful 💋❤