Chapter 15

^Lol, I saw this pic and it reminded me of Hudson's wolf 

ALEXIS

Hudson didn't slow his pace once, even after carrying me for three hours. I wasn't sure if I should say something or not, so I decided to wait for a bathroom break, which was definitely going to be soon from the look on Boston's face.

As if he read my thoughts, Boston looked at Hudson and shook his head, "I have to take a quick break."

Hudson sighed and called for break loudly. Boston and a few of the warriors ran further into the woods to relieve themselves privately. I took this chance to lean closer to Hudson's ear, "You can put me down now. You carried me for three hours, I'm sure your back hurts."

"You'll slow us down. Besides, you're not even heavy," he muttered. 

"I'm not?" I asked incredulously.

As if to prove a point, he let go of my legs and yanked my right arm so I was leaning to the side. He gripped my waist and adjusted his arms so he was suddenly carrying me bridal style. 

How the hell did he do that?

I stared at his face in disbelief as he raised an eyebrow nonchalantly. 

"You just– how did you–what?"

He started moving me up and down as if I was a weight of some sort and pursed his lips in thought, "I say you weigh about 130 pounds? Give or take a few."

My mouth fell open, making him smirk a little. "How did you guess?"

"I benchpress 130 on an extremely lazy day."

I swallowed and looked away for a moment. If 130 was for an extremely lazy day as he put it, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to know what he did on a regular day. 

"Well, I still want to walk. My feet are almost asleep," I mumbled, trying to loosen his grip around my body. He sighed and put me down gently, making sure I was steady before letting go, "Are you sure you can keep up? I'm not going to slow our pace just for you."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine, Hudson."

"Okay, but if you ask me to carry you again later on, I won't."

"Excuse me? I didn't ask anyone to carry me. In fact, you demanded me to get on your back."

"That was because Boston offered to carry you."

My eyebrows furrowed, "So?"

He gave me a look as if I was stupid and walked off to talk to the other pack warriors. A few seconds later, Matthew emerged from the woods, carrying a compass. 

"How far have we gone?" I asked, leaning over to grab my water bottle from my backpack. He glanced at me and turned back to the compass, "Far enough. I think if we walk for another hour at the same pace, we should hit the twenty-five mile mark. Think you can handle that?"

"I'm sure I can," I said firmly, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

I would practically have to run next to the group to keep up with their werewolf speed, but I didn't feel like being carried for another hour. I was sure my feet would turn purple if I didn't get the blood flowing in them.

"Alright! We're leaving!" Hudson yelled and started walking deeper into the woods. Matthew, Boston, and I fell into a line behind him and Matthew started discussing where we could stop for the night.

"We can stop at this stream. It's near the edge of the woods and the Venus Pack border," he said, pointing at the blue line on his map. Hudson took the map from his hands and nodded in approval, "Fine. We will stop there and hunt. If I remember correctly, the valley had a lot of elk and deer."