Eleven

* Kris *

Lunch time rolled in quite quickly.

Gabe and I talked about a lot of things, random ones, which were pretty unlikely because I deemed him as the silent type. Well, he still was, but he is actually different than I expected him to be.

I heard news that Alex and Chris are dating, but i's not like it's such a shocker, really.

My heart twisted at the thought, I even cried so much when Chantelle told me about it. She even refused to tell me but she kind of slipped of anyway.

After the oj incident this morning, I sort of wanted to skip lunch but unfortunately, Chantelle kept nagging about how food is essential to my health blah blah blah.

And so we went.

After lunch, activities will start.

Wearing my gray hoodie and black skinny jeans, I clasped my hands and decided not to think about the humiliation I experienced earlier in this very club house.

"It's going to be fine," Chantelle says.

We went to our usual spot, and I was glad we took the one farthest from the garbage can, because apparently, where you sat, is where you will be sitting for the rest of your stay in the camp.

After getting our food, we plopped back on the table, and Chantelle kept yapping about this new, and trendy nail color she saw in the magazine I hardly care about. My eyes scanned the place, trying to search a face.

It was quite intimidating, actually, to look at Chris' table, which is now also the popular table.

"They're so hard to reach, aren't they?" I snapped back at reality and saw whose high-pitched voice it was.

It only belonged to one person.

Rivers.

"Quit it, Rivers. As if breaking my brother's heart wasn't enough. I pretty much know my place, so can you please just scram?" I glared back at her.

Seriously, what happened to- respecting your elders? Not that I'm that old but, I'm still older than her.

"Let's go, Rivers. Stop trying to stir up a scene again." Alex hissed.

Surprisingly, Alex wasn't the mean bitch in the story. I mean, usually, girls like her in stories are the mean ones and all, but she seems normal.

Infact, as much as I wanted her to have flaws so that I'd be able to point them out, I couldn't.

Okay, she's a little mean but- she's like just a sidekick of Rivers, you know?

And she's not a stupid bimbo too, much to my dismay, which made the green eyed monster inside me feel worse, because I know I can't pinpoint a single bad thing about her.

And I admit, I wasn't really into the idea that she and Chris are dating, I don't know why.

"Shut up, I'm not done yet." Rivers hissed at Alex, making her shut up. Seriously, Alex is such a waste to be used by Rivers like that. "Anywho, you're right, and I'm glad you know your place, and I know how you look at Chris."

Alex scowled at me, and there was a bitter tone at her voice.

"Don't you dare. Chris is my boyfriend."

"Easy, chicka." I shrugged, clicking my tongue. "I have no interest in your man."

Rivers rolled her eyes and was about to leave, without leaving a little something, of course.

Then the unthinkable happened.

"Oh? Well, I know your little friend there," motioning to Chantelle, "Has a thing for your brother."