Sixteen

< Kristen >

It's been three days ever since the start of our sessions. My song was halfway finished, and my feelings for Chris? Well, it's still there.

I haven't seen Evan for a while, but Chantelle told me he was sitting on Rivers' lunch table the past few days, and it got me worried.

"Should I be worried about this, Chantelle?"

"Oh, shut up, Kris. I think it's good for Evan that he stays with people of his kind."

I laughed heartily, before saying my goodbyes and proceeding to my voice session. I saw Gabe and Chris on separate corners of the room, making me rub my temples. These guys are supposed to work on their piece together, and yet they can't stand each other.

Because of you.

Oh, shut up, mind. Don't get my hopes up.

I waved at them, and both stood up from where they were sitting, marching towards me, pushing each other, the moment they were in front of me.

"Get back there, I was here first!"

"No, I was!"

"Tch,"

Push

Push

Push

"Guys. You can both stand in front of me. It's no big deal-"

"I want to stand exactly in front of you so that I can look at you eye to eye." Chris whined, making me blush at his cute remark.

"Just... let's just sit on the corner, okay?" I said, avoiding both of their gazes, and sitting on a corner, where both boys sat beside me on opposite ends.

Mr. Fallon arrived moments later, and they asked us to have a "mock presentation" where we go in front and sing our pieces for the contest. My heart was hammering in my chest, because I have stage fright, and I'm not used to other people looking at me while I perform.

Mr. Fallon did rounds first, calling on the names for the attendance, before proceeding to randomly call on performers to perform on stage.

There were a lot of standouts, like this girl Grace, who sang, Take Me to Church, a cute couple who did a duet on Two is Better Than One, a guy who amazingly possesses a girl voice, hitting the notes of Titanium on-point, and there was Gabe and Chris. When they were called, they still kept pushing each other like kids, making me shake my head in amusement.

"Gabe and Chris, to be performing, David Archuleta's My kind of perfect."

There were a couple of gasps, and swoons, because apparently, two extremely hot boys are performing a love song.

Gabe strummed the chords of his guitar, while Chris started on pressing keys on his keyboard. As much as the idea of guitars and keyboards clash, the melody seemed to really blend well together.

Gabe was the first to sing.

I was thinking about ya
I drew a little picture
But some things you cant put on paper

Like it like shooting stars?
I write songs on guitar
Got more things to do than stare at a mirror

I know, I know, she's gotta be out there, out there
I know I know she's gotta be...

The girls in class were squealing, but Gabe was actually looking at me, before he sent me a wink. Chris glared at him, but decided against punching his face.

Maybe I'm wrong
Maybe I'm right
Maybe I just let you walk by
What can I say
Maybe I've known you all my life
Is she the one? Is it today?
Will I turn the corner
See my future in a beautiful face
Maybe

They sang the chorus in unison, and for the first time, I sat there, starstruck of the two boys, who are extremely talented and good-looking beyond belief.

Chris' eyes were then boaring into mine. He was looking at me with so much intensity, my legs felt jiggly, and goosebumpes started to appear. Of course, when he started singing that is, a shiver went down my spine.

She's anything but typical
A sweet surprise
No matter what, she's looking at the bright side

It's gonna be worth it
Cause that's what love is
I'll keep searching for my kind of perfect

I know, I know, she's gotta be out there, out there

He stared at me, before Gabe and him continued on with the chorus.

Maybe I'm wrong
Maybe I'm right
Maybe I just let you walk by
What can I say
Maybe I've known you all my life
Is she the one? Is it today?
Will I turn the corner
See my future in a beautiful face
Maybe.

Gabe took the stage once more, with his strums and pleasing voice.

They say give it time
Give it time, and it will fall in line
But I keep wondering how and when
And why I haven't met you

Chris softly hummed the following lines, making my heart twist.

But maybe I'm wrong
Maybe I'm right

Is she the one? Is it today?
Will I turn the corner
See my future in a beautiful face
Maybe

Maybe I'm wrong
Maybe I'm right
Maybe I just let you walk by
What can I say
Maybe I've known you all my life

Is she the one? Is it today?
Will I turn the corner
See my future in a beautiful face
Maybe.

"I'll keep searching for my kind of perfect." Gabe ended, making everyone cheer and clap.

"I already found mine." Chris states, his eyes never leaving mine.