Thirteen

Kristen ❤️

"What's up with him?" Gabe asked, as the final shutting of the door sounded.

"Beats me." I shrugged.

Seriously, what's up with him?

"Anyway, I have this local concert ticket featuring our camp's very own aspiring artists." Gabe says.

"Uh sure." I replied, not sure if I should've accepted a date from him, as I really can't give him full attention. My mind is elsewhere.

I mean, okay, he is really cute but that's besides the point. What's bothering Chris?

"Hello? Kristen?" I snapped back to reality and faced Gabe.

"H-Huh? What happened?"

"You weren't listening." He pursed his lips, and it was kind of cute. "Like I said, the concert is tonight."

"Like, right now now?"

"Yeah, like right now now." He says with a boyish grin. "Chantelle's playing too."

"Really? That's so cool!" Actually, the only reason I became interested is because my friend is there.

"You up for it? It's just a five minute walk."

"Sure." I agreed, climbing down the bed, and walking side by side him.

As we were walking, we talked about a bunch of things, and I admit, Gabe is a nice and funny guy. Not to mention, pretty good looking too.

We can talk about anything under the sun naturally, and unlike with Chris, there's no awkward silences or tension in the air.

I slapped myself mentally as I remembered that gorgeous airhead again. I don't even know why it bothered me so much that he walked out earlier like that.

We arrived at a small shack. Shabby looking, made of wood, has a campfire bonfire feel to it. Logs were positioned outside that serves as benches for people to sit. The stage is just a small elevated platform made of stacked wood and stones. I doubt it could hold together for the rest of the night, seeing as the stage boasts different instruments, microphone stands, spotlights and other things. The place is decorated with colorful string lights, candles surround the place to give it a kind of romantic feel. The place is not crowded, as we were one of the few people in the concert.

"It's kind of like a jamming session type of concert so it's nothing fancy." Gabe explained, "Although the performers are sometimes even better than real artists."

"Oh?" I smiled, "People here sure are talented."

"I'm sure you are too." Gabe gave me a genuine smile which I gratefully returned.

"I hope so." I muttered softly. The lights were starting to change colors, you can hear background music already playing as a blond haired blue eyed guy, graced the stage.

"Welcome everyone! Tonight, everyone will be witnesses of the most talented, and most passionate individuals serenade us with their music. Give them a warm applause!"

The few people, including us, that were there clapped our hands as loud as we can to support these brave souls. Unlike me, I can't even think of volunteering myself in something like this - anything that includes a stage and an audience that is.

The night was amazing. Gabe and I were just peacefully processing and savoring the music in the air.

The performers were really talented. I giggled a bit when Chantelle and my brother Jacob sang a duet. They look absolutely adorable!