Nineteen

Hi guys! Two more chapters (including this one) to go, before this story ends! Send some votes and happy reading x :)

===

< Kristen >

"Chris.."

No answer.

"Chris..."

Nothing.

"Chris!!!" I finally shouted, making him stop at his tracks.

"What?"

"It hurts! You're hurting me." I complained, before he loosened his grip on my wrist.

"I'm sorry," His eyes softened, making me bite my lip, because he was just too cute. 

I nodded my head, and he released my hand, so I followed him behind.

He was walking to a more secluded part of the forest, and sat on one of the logs, making space for me. He looked awfully cute with his bed hair and matching pajamas, but he looked disturbed. Like really, disturbed.

"What happened with you and Gabe earlier?" He asked, making me flinch. I frowned, remembering our conversation, but I managed to give him a small smile.

"Nothing. He just took me out on a picnic. It was nice." I hear him mutter some curse words, before turning back to me.

"Do you like him?"

"What? Of course I do!" I answered, without any hesitation. I saw him frown, before looking away.

"Figures. After all, he's been playing prince charming the whole time..."

"Wait, what?" I snapped my head back at his direction, unable to contain my laughter. "Chris! I didn't mean that I like him in that way."

"Huh?" His brows knit in confusion, making me use my index finger to push the creases away from each other.

"You'll grow old faster if you keep on frowning like that." I scolded, making him scowl at me. "Gabe is a good friend, but that's that. I see him as nothing more." He sighed in what seemed like relief, before turning back to me.

"Look Kristen. I... I don't like it." He says, raking his hair with his fingers frustratingly. "I don't like it when you go on dates with him.. or both of you go alone in some place, even if you get so close with him. I don't like it. I know he's a great guy, but I just don't like it."

I raised my brow at him, slightly amused by his outburst. "Are you jealous?"

"What? No, I don't like you like that!"

His words cut through me like a knife. I winced in pain, trying to compose myself again.

This was the guy I chose over Gabe. A guy who could never see me past his best friend's older sister.

"Gee, thanks." I mumbled.

"I mean, not that I don't, but I can't..." He softly muttered, making me look away.

"I get it. You don't need to explain."

"No, you don't understand, Kristen."

"I do, Chris. It's basically just black and white. Do you like me or not? No gray areas. And you chose to say you don't, I'm okay with that." I assured him, trying my best to give him a smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yup."

He sighed in frustration, looking back at me, his eyes suddenly dark. He held my neck, before crashing his lips on to my mouth. I was surprised, at first, but let the sensations feel me. This is the boy I love, and the sensations I'm feeling right now is proof that I cannot be in love with anyone else other than him, which is why turning down Gabe as the right decision. I could not hurt him more by using him as a safety net. I'm not like that.