25

CALUM POV

"It'll be a full twenty-four hours in an hour", the cop walked by my temporary cell and pointed at his watch, "It really sucks that this is all happening because of some girl, kid."

I didn't respond, only continued to look down at the floor. Ashton, Luke, or Michael would come and bail me out. We're family, we would all do the same for each other. Right? 

"Alrighty then", the cop breathed out before I heard the light tapping of his shoes drift away.

I continued to look at the floor until I saw a drop fall to the floor, then another, then another, then several others, and pretty soon I was having a mental breakdown...again. 

Cling, ching, cling were the now familiar sounds of keys coming to let everyone but me out. I had seen several teenagers who were caught drunk driving, tire slashers, and window bashers. But none of them compared to me, vandalism, drunk driving, and my own name for it: broken heart syndrome.

"Aww chin up", a voice spoke to me as the keys stopped at my cell.

I shook my head, there was no way. 

"You got lucky this time, Hood. Lucky that the girl dropped the charges only a few moments after I last spoke to you", the same cop from earlier spoke.

"Thanks again officer", Emily smiled at the cop as we opened the door and walked out of the police station.

"Uh-huh", was the only thing I heard in response as the door closed.

"Where's Ashton or Luke, or Michael", I asked Emily as we got in her car.

"On the phone", she turned the car on and hooked up her Bluetooth calling, "Just picked him up boys", she spoke as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"What's going on", I asked to no one in particular.

"Oh yeah", Emily exclaimed as we stopped at a red light, "Check this", she handed me my phone which was fully charged, my friends were amazing.

I turned it on, seeing that I had tons of notifications. I wasn't shocked at the ones from my social media, but I was shocked by the content and source of the notifications.

 I wasn't shocked at the ones from my social media, but I was shocked by the content and source of the notifications

geotag: Oak Valley County Fair, CA

trymesummer catch me if you can ;)

comments turned off

michaelclifford, emi.ly, ashtonirwin, lukehemmings, calumhood, and 1, 586, 958 like this

-

-

-

A/N

LALALALALALALA

xo

- e