Chapter ;17 The end

Avery pov-

I sat at the end of the long round wooden table by Asher eating my soup quietly, after the event happened I hadn't said a word to anyone. I looked down at my swollen stomach when I felt a sharp pain shoot through my body making me chew on my bottom lip.

Closing my eyes shut I prayed that the pain would go away but it didn't it only started to get worse, shit please tell me I'm not going into labor dear god help me I mentally pleaded.

"Shit", I screamed clenching my stomach.

"Asher, it's time", said the hoe smiling, god I would do anything to wipe that smile off that bitch’s face.

"Alex, go get a pair of scissors, a shoelace and water"yelled Asher before turning to me and picking me up like a princess.

"Where, are you taking me", I shouted as Asher carried me down the hallway to his guest room.

"Shut, up", snapped Asher sitting me on his bed gently.

"Sir, we have a problem", said Skylar shakily.

"What, is it now', said Asher fighting me to take my pants off.

"The council and a couple of wolves are inside heading this way", replied Skylar looking at the ground.

Asher sighed,”take care of Avery while I deal with these pest.”

Winter- pov

I rushed through hallways tearing throw witches and wizards before they got a chance to cast any spells, suddenly a brown wolf appeared before me growling. “Alex,” I whispered shocked.

“Yes, Winter”, he said circling around me before trying to jump on me but I quickly dodged letting out a furious growl at the betrayal. I launched forward ready to rip my teeth into his skin but stopped midway when I saw jace standing in front of Alex whimpering with his head bowed.

“Move, Jace”, I said in my Alpha voice making his gray small wolf lay in submission.

“Please, alpha spare my mate”,said Jace frightened.

“Jace, I said softly when all of a sudden Alex jumped up and tackled Jace small body making me instantly jump in and bite Alex neck letting blood slash everywhere.

His body then dropped to the floor lifeless, under him laid Jace also lifeless. I let out a howl before heading deeper through the hallway where the sound of a wailing infant cries echoed.

Running faster I followed Avery’s scent to a room that was ajar, I shifted and walked into the room to see Avery laying on a bed with no underwear or pants just him holding a bundle wrapped in a blanket.

“Ave”, I said walking closer to him forgetting about the battle outside.

Those beautiful two unique colored eyes looked up at me from the bundle and smiled at me making my heart feel like it was about to pop out of my chest at any moment,”is that”, I asked breathless.

“It, is his name is Izaya Dominic Smith”, replied Ave turing the baby boy slightly so I could see his white hair and ocean blue eyes.

“Come, on boys lets get you two out of here so we can get home”, I said sliding Avery discharged pants on the floor back on to his body gently as possible before picking him up and walking out of the room but there stood Asher gritting his teeth while his fest was clenched as his side.

“Don’t, do anything stupid Ash you’ve lost”, said Ave glaring at his ex lover.

“I haven’t lost the council is busy right now so that leaves me with five minutes to kill the wolf, suck up dry of your powers and take the brat”, said Ash laughing.

“Over my dead body”, I yelled tightening my grip around my family.

“That can be arranged”, said Ash raising an eyebrow muttering something under his breath. Right then I felt my lungs stop working making me slowly fall onto my knee trying to catch my breath.

“Stop”, yelled Ave as a powerful gust of wind blow Ash against the wall.

My lungs started to work again while I watched Asher lay motionless on the ground with a surprised look upon his face.

“Babe, lets go home”, whispered Ave before his eyelids fluttered closed. “Hey, Ave wake up “, I said staring at my mate as his chest that nor longer was rising.

“Please, tell me this is some sick joke”, I pleaded. Tears streamed down my cheek I had let my mate get captured and die I was a terrible mate if only I had….. .