Listen to the Rain

Start from the beginning

No words were needed.

"Good. I didn't want you to have to hold the creature for too long." The elf stood to her feet and pushed her satchel aside, watching the slumbering dragon intently. "Wait for my word, Itachi. Then, release the beast." She instructed before grabbing something from her satchel.

She folded her hands around the object, focusing her energy into the palms of her hands. Through the cracks in her fingers, webs of ethereal light stemmed out and grew hot before diminishing in glow. She then placed the small, glowing stone in her hands to Itachi. The male studied it questioningly before noticing it had a chain connected to it.

"Wear it. With the help of the temporary magic I implanted within it, you will be able to breathe under water, like Kisame." She instructed, glancing back at Kisame who had been silently watching. "I'm afraid this cave will not stay surfaced for much too longer, so let's move to the outside while we still can." Uttering those last words, Elvinia replaced her present garb with that of a pure white kimono she had fished off the hands of a merchant weeks ago. She felt as if appearing like that of someone from this land would do better with appeasing the dragon's mindset.

 She felt as if appearing like that of someone from this land would do better with appeasing the dragon's mindset

It was only the first step in many.

Taking a deep breath, Elvinia quickly reviewed the process in her head as the group moved outside of the cave. Analyze the creature's most dominant qualities. Use them to discern the missing and desired emotions. Manifest those emotions into chains of melodies in order to ensnare the dragon's soul. Weave the magic within the deepest crevices of the creature's spirit, leaving with it the result of a tamed beast.

With determination set deeply into her eyes, the elf turned toward the sleeping dragon, nodding her head at Itachi. Suddenly, thick, crimson liquid seeped from his tear ducts, oozing down the troughs of the lines beneath his eyes. Elvinia let lose a small gasp in surprise.

"Are you all right?" She questioned worriedly. Had she known it was that dangerous to use his eyes, she wouldn't have suggested it. How was the man not blind?

Itachi only stared blankly at her, weariness etched all over his face. She could only feel guilty for a moment, however, for the grunt of an awakening dragon interrupted her thoughts.

"Well," she braced herself, "this is it. Be ready to defend yourselves. Under no circumstances will you harm the creature. Understood?" She eyed her two companions sternly, waiting until they each nodded to focus all of her attention on the shifting dragon.

Gradually, its massive, whiskered chin rose, dark purple scales gleaming with an iridescent shine. Like lightning, its eyelids separated to reveal a massive, cyan blue orb of an eye. Its edged, slit pupil darted back and forth over the group full of unknown anticipation. Elvinina searched the eye, studying its magnificent hues and attempting to connect with the beast in some way as she climbed the steeping rocks behind her. After all, she had to find out what emotions the dragon had been deprived of through the years and which instrument to use to accurately create them in a melody.