Remember Me

"Never." She spat venomously as Vipirus proposed his wants. He requested what she had feared, and not even the fact that he literally held her heart in the palm of his hand would quell her hatred or blatant defiance. And that only amused him.

"Even the fact that I could crush your measly life here and now will not persuade you?" He cackled maliciously, taking his clawed nails and digging them into the pulsating muscle in his palm– her heart to be exact. A haunted nuance of cries filled the air while spots of light ripped through Elvinia's skin as if to mimic the tears in her heart. On the brink of death, Vipirus let go, and the elf fell to her knees, expectorating golden blood over the ground.

"Leader-sama wants her alive, hmm." The blonde criminal spoke from his place with the rest of his organization. He had seen just how much injury the elf had taken on in a mere span of hours, and human or not, he figured she was close to her last breath. The rest of the gathered people agreed, taking steps forward in warning to cease. Vipirus smirked.

"She won't die while I'm here." A vile glint shined in Vipirus's lime eyes as he held up his free hand. In the air, green symbols burned in correspondence with his palm and fingertips. It was a healing spell, Elvinia recognized. He intended to keep her alive for the mere purpose of torture.

Her strength immediately recuperated as webs of green light engulfed her form. Her bleeding ceased, and her muscles relaxed. He was fully healing her. Vipirus was a master at healing spells– something she had longed to be. This was her chance to turn the tables. Low on magic, she'd utilize the tool a certain human had selflessly supplied her.

"Chidori!" Calling upon the odd energy, she relinquished in the daunting cries of electricity, smirking at a confused Vipirus. With the speed of light itself, she was upon him, holding out her technique toward his chest. Blood painted the scene as a sickening squish was heard. But Elvinia was the one crying out in anguish.

She had told the creature to flee after having killed its master, but the snake had been worried for her. Now it lied in two pieces before her, having been used as a shield by Vipirus. Neshire was no more. His freedom had lasted a sweet nothing.

"I see you haven't changed, killing without remorse and all." Vipirus mocked endlessly, throwing Elvinia's heart up and down as if it were a mere ball. The careless handling had her tingling in discomfort. It was like a mild disturbance, as if something had gone to sleep and wouldn't wake up. It was weak yet aggravating torture.

She held no response. His healing spell hadn't refreshed her mentally nor emotionally. She was exhausted and left with no more spite. He was truly a master at torture as well, leaving her weak everywhere but physically. It was as if he wanted the pleasure of deprecating her but knew he wouldn't be satisfied if she could fight back. The fact that he was a coward in that aspect was the only thing keeping her sane.

"It's just one name." He shook his head in mock disappointment. "Say it and this will all be over." He tempted sweetly, threateningly holding her heart in a precarious motion. Elvinia gritted her teeth as possible scenarios quickly flashed through her mind.

He wanted her to give up her mortality at the expense of her will. There was something big under his sleeve, and she felt that not only her kingdom lied in peril this time. She didn't want to harm the humans here. She had never wanted to harm a soul. There was no way she was coming out of this situation as herself, however.

She'd made her decision.

With heated eyes, she glared at Vipirus. "You know I'd gladly die here and now if it meant denying whatever it is you plan to do in this land. Stab my heart and all is over. Torture me all you want. Unless. . ." The tantalizing elf narrowed her eyes into an attractive slant, making Vipirus raise a brow in curiosity. He knew that look all too well.