A Father Daughter Moment

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

After I got over the shock of seeing Rob again, everyone returned to their rooms for the rest of the night and prep to find Eduardo tomorrow

After I got over the shock of seeing Rob again, everyone returned to their rooms for the rest of the night and prep to find Eduardo tomorrow. Elena had warned me that Nick and Paige would be back by this morning but assured her I would be okay, I had Rob. I'm not exactly sure if I was assuring her or myself.

When I heard Nick's voice echo through the main hall, I knew I couldn't avoid him much longer. Elena sent me a reassuring look, before handing me back Ella. She was also on edge when Clay didn't return home last night after going into the woods to find Eduardo.

"Nick?" I called, walking into the Great Room. When I found him, he stood in front of Jeremy's desk as the two embraced. When I first looked around the room, I failed to notice a slightly uncomfortable looking Paige, who stood by the entrance.

"Ellie." Nick gapes, staring at me with an unreadable expression on his face. After a few seconds, his eyes glanced down to the giggling Ella in my arms. She was grinning up at me in all her gummy glory, while reaching her hand up to take a hold of my hair. "That's..." He mumbled in shock, taking in the familiar features.

"Nick..." I began, stepping closer to the frozen man. "I'd like you to meet your daughter, Antonella Veronica Sorrentino." I announced, taking another step closer to Nick so I was now standing in front of him.

"Antonella..." Nick smiles, realising the Italian name that had a very emotional meaning behind it. "My little flower." He grins, leaning down a small bit to look into her deep brown eyes. "She's beautiful...she looks exactly like you." He admires, averting his eyes to catch mine.

"I wouldn't say she exactly like me." I deny, breaking our intense gaze to look down at the smiling baby between us. "She had the Sorrentino nose and lips." I assure him, reaching a finger up to poke her cute, button nose.

Carefully, I began to place her in his arms. I watched as he held her as if she would break any second. "She's all ours?" Nicks asks, a look of disbelief in his eyes. His thumb reached up to rub the side of her cheek, but she quickly caught it and wrapped her tiny first around his much larger thumb.

"Yeah Nicky, she's all ours." I grinned, letting a few stray tears slip from my eyes. I almost let out a loud sob when Nick reached out to grab my astray hand in his own.

"Antonio would be so proud of the both of you." Jeremy spoke up, breaking our small moment. When we both looked away from each other, we noticed everyone was now in the Great Room watching us with teary eyes. Except for two, Rob and Paige.

"Ellie could I talk to you?" Rob asked, not taking his eyes away from Nick and my intertwined hands. "Clay's missing." He blurts out, causing me to pull away from Nick and turn to him with wide eyes.