Triggering The Curse

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I sat on one side of the kitchen table, while Jeremy sat across from me

I sat on one side of the kitchen table, while Jeremy sat across from me. Once he had the alphas distracted, he told me he wanted to talk. He didn't tell me exactly what about, but I was assuming it's about what happened to between Aleister and me.

"Do you know?" I whispered careful to keep my voice down, I didn't want the alphas hearing the topic of our conversation.

"Yes." Jeremy nodded, continuing to just stare at me. He had been avoiding me since I got home. Clay assured me that he was still shaken up from my disappearance, but he'll be back to normal soon.

"Why do I even bother asking anymore? You know everything." I scoffed looking over at Ella, who was wrapped up in blankets inside a basket Elena had found for her earlier today.

"Who told you?" Both of us said at the same time. We were both obviously confused about the other knowing. I nodded at Jeremy, gesturing for him to speak first.

"Ruth, she's very good friends with your mother." Jeremy explains, skilfully bringing up another topic that I was trying to avoid. I could tell it has been eating him up ever since he found out. "Aleister told you?"

"When I was weak and vulnerable." I wrinkled my nose at the foul memory. "He showed me the book my mother got her spell from." My voice cracked as I spoke. I was trying my best to stay strong but this all felt to rushed.

"Did he help you discover your power?" Jeremy pressed, he was too interested in knowing everything, that he missed the tears beginning to build up in my hazel eyes.

"He told me that I have to trigger the..." I paused, trying to remember what exactly Aleister had said. "I have to trigger the curse."

"How do you do so?" Jeremy furrowed his eyebrows at the new information. He didn't understand that I was just as clueless as he was. All I knew was the things Aleister had told me.

"I don't know..." I sighed, placing my head in my hands. "I can't remember..." I mumbled, my breathing was getting heavier as my anxiety began to take over my body. "I can't deal with this."

"You'll get through it." Jeremy assures, placing a comforting hand on my arm. I jumped at the contact of his cold hand on my warm arm. "You have Clay, Elena, Nick, Logan, Rob." He list would have continued on if I didn't cut him off.

"I only got Rob back and now he's gone missing." I snapped, glaring at my Alpha. "I just found out I'm a fucking witch and the one family member I had left, isn't even my real brother." I stood up, now staring down at Jeremy. My anger was building and I didn't want to lash out with Ella in the room and the alpha council in the other.