Rescued

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Please, stop." My voice came out in a whisper, as I continued my begging and pleading. "Just...just leave her alone." The three men in the lab coats ignored me as they continued to jab needles into my crying baby.

Two other scientists held me down as I fought again them. A week later they were still making me change nearly twice a day. I was getting weaker by the day, I physically couldn't handle changing so often. My bones were breaking and they continued to cut me every time I was in wolf form.

"We need blood samples from both of you." One of the scientists told the wold, wrapping my baby girl back in a blanket. "You have half an hour to feed her, then back to work." With that the three of them left me and my baby alone in the green walled lab.

I sighed in relief as one of the female guards carefully placed my baby in my awaiting arms. "You haven't named her yet." The women whispered, sending me an apologetic smile.

"Please help us." I cried, placing a shaking hand on the women's arm. "She's can't handle all this at only a week old." We both gazed down at the droopy eyed baby.

"Aleister wants to help you discover your true power." The women reminded me, just as brained washed as those scientists. "Just a few more tests and it's all over."

"Then what?" I snapped, realising the women was no help. "He's going to use me and my baby girl for power and destruction."

"Name your little girl." With that the women smiled and left the lab. I realised the women had left a fresh blanket for the baby and a bottle of water for me.

"I want to make you a promise, three things you will have that I never did. A safe home, someone to tell you that they love you every single day and someone to fight for you no matter what. In other words, a family who love you." I told my little girl, staring down at her blue/green eyes that were a copy of her dad's and her small specks of brown hair. "You need a name to honour your true heritage. Your great grandfather was an Italian, just like your grandfather and your daddy." Tears were building up as I looked deeper into the very familiar eyes. "Antonella Sorrentino."

*********

Meanwhile

Elena and Clay clutched to each other after nearly two weeks apart. The blonde female wolf cried into her lover's shoulder, as he tightened his hold. Savannah watched silently from the car, smiling at the sight of the couple.

"Did they hurt you?" Clay demanded, pulling away from the hug. His eyes were glossy from tears and he couldn't believe he had her back in his arms.

"I saw things, Clay. I almost lost my mind." Elena whispered looking back towards the compound, fear evident in her eyes.

"I'll be here for you." Clay promised, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"You always were." Elena smiled, pulling away completely and walking over to the passenger side of the jeep.

"Let's go home." Clay smiled softly, jumping into the jeep and starting the engine. He missed the way Elena's eyes widen when she spotted a small teddy bear sitting on the ground, it then dawned on her.

"Ellie." She mumbled in horror, remember her best friend. "I need to call Nick. Find Ellie!" Elena practically screamed at Clay, fresh tears rushing down her face.

Clay scrambled out of the car, shocked by Elena's sudden outburst. He ran around the compound screaming Ellie's name. His ears were listening out but he couldn't smell or hear his twin anywhere. Suddenly something caught his attention, he heard Ellie screaming his name.

*******

Ellie's POV

"Clay!" I yelled, hearing my brother's voice. I hushed Ella as she cried in my arms from all the yelling. "In here."

I sighed in relief once I spotted Clay's face through the glass door. I stepped back while he kicked the glass door down and ran towards me. He seemed to freeze at the sight of a bundle of bunk blankets in my arms. When his eyes glanced down to my flat stomach, he soon realised I was holding his niece.

"Ellie." Clay whispered, cautiously moving closer to me. "That can't be her, you still have two months." I could only imagine the horrible thoughts running through his mind but I wanted to put them to ease, for now.

"Congratulations, your an uncle." I cried, pulling the blanket down a small bit to reveal Ella's face. There was tears stains on her rosy cheeks but she had a small gummy smile at the sight of her uncle Clay. It almost seemed like she had some sort of bond with him. "Do you wanna hold her?" I grinned, holding her out towards Clay.

Clay just nodded, gently taking Ella into his arms. "Thank God you're both safe." Clay mumbled, looking down at his niece. "Ellie, what have they done to you?" He demanded, looking at all the blood samples and broken glass around the lab.

"I don't want to talk about it." I begged, digging my head into his chest like I did as a young girl. "Please just...take us home."

Clay didn't need to hear anything else, instead just grabbed my hand and pulled us towards the exits. I sighed at the feeling of fresh air as the wind blew against my face. After not being outside for almost two weeks, you appreciate it more.

"Ellie." Elena screamed, rushing from the jeep and over to me. Tears were rushing down both our faces, more then happy to see each other okay. "Are you okay?" She mumbled, looking me up and down.

"I'm fine Elena." I assured, before taking in my friends wide eyes and beaten body. "God how are you?" I took her silence as my answer and decided to reach over to pull her into my arms.

 "God how are you?" I took her silence as my answer and decided to reach over to pull her into my arms

When we pulled away, I noticed her staring at the bundle of blankets in Clay's arms. "Antonella meet your aunt Elena." I smiled, carefully taking Ella from Clay's arms. "Elena meet your niece, Antonella Sorrentino."

"Antonella." Clay and Elena whispered together, Elena was in staring in awe at the baby bundled in a pink blanket. "I think for the first time since we were kids, I'm going to see Nick cry." Clay chuckled, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissing my temple.

"She has that effect on people." I joke, but it seemed like it was true. Clay's eyes were glossy and Elena was proper crying. I smiled at the sight of my baby girl with her aunt and uncle. "My family."