A Nightmate Of A Wedding

Chapter song:
Glory
By Dermott Kennedy

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

CHAPTER EIGHT

I watched as Nancy delicately placed the finishing touches to my wedding dress

I watched as Nancy delicately placed the finishing touches to my wedding dress. I had made sure to thank the older women every few minutes, it has amazed me how beautiful my dress was. It fit the bump perfectly, flowing down my stomach and finishing just before it touched the floor. The back was laced, with incredible detail. It was the dress I had always dreamed of.

"Nancy, this dress is breathtaking." I praised, pulling on the long, lace sleeves. "How did you find it in such a time limit?"

"It wasn't too hard, it came from my own closet." Nancy casually told me, continuing her work.

"This was your wedding dress?" I asked in amazement.

"Yep, I married the man I loved in that exact dress." Nancy smiled at the beautiful memory. "I obviously had to change the size to fit your bump."

"I'm so sorry you had to change it..." I began to apologise.

"Nonsense, I never had a daughter or a younger sister to give it to. You'll soon be my alpha's wife, you deserve a dress worthy of your beauty." Nancy smiled, taking my hand in her own.

"I'm so great full for everything you've done for me." I told her, taking a final glance at myself in the mirror.

"Stop thanking me and prepare yourself. You'll be walking down an aisle in five minutes." Nancy reminds me while standing up and heading towards the door. "I'm sorry your brother couldn't be here to give you away."

"The only man I wanted to walk me down the aisle isn't with me anymore." I admitted, trying to stop the tears building in my eyes. Recently the memory of my father made my eyes flood with tears.

"I'm sorry for your lose." Nancy gave me a brief apologetic smile, before we heard the music begin to play. "That's your cue, I'll see you out there."

Nancy didn't wait for me to reply, as she rushed out of the room and towards the other guests. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I could tell the baby was doing the same, when I felt little kicks tickling my stomach.

"You're going to have a mama and papa who love you." I whispered, placing a gentle hand on my bump. "I promise you little one, I'll protect you the minute you take your first breath in this world. And I'll keep protecting you until I take my last one."