A Monster

CHAPTER FIVE

"What did you find?" Jeremy asked Clay and I when we arrived back the following day

"What did you find?" Jeremy asked Clay and I when we arrived back the following day. He walked out with Nick and two unfamiliar women.

The two of us ignored him as I rushed ahead and Clay continued to call my name. I wasn't in the mood to talk, especially about what we saw and heard yesterday. The ride home was completely silent and all I wanted now was to curl into a ball and cry my eyes out.

I wanted to scream when he grabbed my hand in the hall, stopping me from moving. Both of our eyes were filled with fury and sadness and now we're going to take it out on each other.

"Fuck off Clay." I growled trying to get my hand out of his iron grip.

"Ellie we need to talk about what we saw." Clay pleaded, not releasing his hold on my hand.

"How about you two take this to the kitchen." Jeremy suggested looking at the two women who watched us curiously.

"Is she the first female wolf?" I heard the younger one ask but everyone ignores her.

"What's there to talk about Clay, our parents are dead. We left them there to die while we went off and moved on to this great life without them." I continued to yell and ignore Jeremy.

"How the fuck were we supposed to know?" Clay yelled back even louder as he moved closer to me, if it was even possible.

"Ellie, calm down." Nick begged. "Stress isn't good for the baby."

"Like you give a shit about my baby." I spit, letting all my built up emotions out.

Elena and Logan had now joined into the crowd that watched our fight in the middle of the house. Clay and I were now practically nose to nose and you could probably see steam coming out of both our ears.

"We should have went looking for them years ago. It's been twenty damn years Clay. Our father killed himself because he taught we were dead. Because he saw our mom dead because we steered Malcolm her way. Don't you get it Clay it's all our fault." I was now screaming at the top of her lungs while clawing at Clay's chest and blood was leaking out quickly.

"You were the one who said you never wanted to see our mom again because of the way she treated you. Me being a good brother followed your decision and stayed away. Maybe it's your fault she's dead, that's what you always wanted right? You push people away." Clay growled as he wrapped his hands around my arms and digging his nails into the top of my arm. Blood was the only thing I could see now and I wanted more.

"You asshole." I screamed and launched myself on top of him.

The two of us clawed at each other, tearing skin and drawing more blood then normal. We have had physical fights before as teenagers, but never like this. Nick pulled me off Clay, while Logan held Clay back. It then dawn on me what I had just done, I was fighting my own blood.