The Truth

CHAPTER TWO

THE CARE RIDE back to Stone Haven was filled with an awkward silence, neither ex-lovers wanted to be the first to speak up

THE CARE RIDE back to Stone Haven was filled with an awkward silence, neither ex-lovers wanted to be the first to speak up. But every so often could Ellie feel Nick's eyes glance over at her growing stomach. She thankfully only had two months left of pregnancy and it seemed they were the longest two months of her life - she couldn't wait. Her poor unborn baby has suffered enough as it is and all the soon to be mother wanted now is to hold her child in her arms and keep the little girl safe.

Finally Nick stopped the car in front of the house and he rushed inside, leaving Ellie alone and pissed. He was treating her like she was invisible even though she was carrying his child, even though he didn't want to admit to it. Ellie let out a deep breath before making her way inside, ignoring the aches in her back and feet. Whoever said pregnancy was a comfortable and smooth experience was either high or out of their god damn mind.

When Ellie walked through the opened front door, she noticed Jeremy and Nick standing in front of an alright looking man as they introduced themselves. Their attention immediately turned to the pregnant female wolf, after she had slammed the front door shut in frustration. The unfamiliar man's eyes widened when he noticed her very large stomach - it wasn't very hard to miss.

"Ellie, go upstairs." Jeremy warned his adoptive daughter, before neither Ellie or the mystery man could open their mouths. It was a terrible mistake, the female wolf was already at her peak and the alpha was bringing her closer to the point of snapping.

"Why?" Ellie questioned, very suspicious and still very annoyed. Even with the raised eyebrow sent in the men's directions, it didn't look like they would crack anytime soon.

"We have business to sort out and so do you." Jeremy hinted towards the while Rob situation. They both knew Ellie had been trying to avoid it, unfortunately Jeremy knew her too well.

"I can deal with that tomorrow." Ellie shrugged, ignoring his his gestures towards the stairs. She's needs a distraction from her love life - well, what's ever left of it.

"No, you will deal with it now and you can invite him over. All of us will be out of the house for a while so you two can talk." Jeremy whispered into her ear once he was in front of a stiff Ellie.

"Where are you going?" She demanded, frustrated by the lack of knowledge on the conversation topic. They had no right to keep her out of things like this, meaning anything that could cause the pack any harm. She had another life to worry about now too.

"To get Malcolm." Jeremy cracked, yet not breaking eye contact with the women standing in front of him. He wanted to keep her safe, but he knew Ellie wouldn't be able to keep her nose away from it.