40 // The Bottle of Wine

AUTHOR'S NOTE // Hi, everyone! The end of this chapter leans a leeeeeetle bit toward R-rated. It's only the last few paragraphs, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up in case anyone wants to skip over them. 

Happy Reading!

_________________________

BEN // NOVEMBER 21

"Hey, Hannah..." I asked her in a sing-song voice as I walked up to her in the library.

"Yeah, Ben?" she replied in the same tone. I pulled out a chair and sat down across from her. Putting my arms on the table, I rested my head on them, just staring at her. She looked up at me and I just had to smile. She looked so cute when she was trying to study.

"What?" She asked me.

"I need help with math," I told her. "I have a test tomorrow and I'm really struggling."

"What do you need help with?"

"Everything," I sighed, reaching out to take hold of one of her hands. "Will you teach me?" I begged her, knowing she'd say yes. "I promise I'll pay attention." I gave her the puppy dog eyes.

"Come on," she patted the seat next to her. I got up hurriedly and scurried around to her side. "Pull out your notebook and stuff," she instructed.

"Yes, master," I joked.

"You only wish..." she said under her breath.

"Hannahbear, you really need to be more quiet when you say stuff like that," I told her, leaning into her. "And for the record, I do wish," I smiled at her.

Hannah's sweet laughter filled the library, meriting a glare from the librarian on duty. "Ben!" she hit my arm.

"I just call it like I see it, babe."

"Oh my god, shut up." I watched in amusement as her face turned about fourteen different shades of red.

"Okay, how about... You help me with math and then we can go back to my house for the weekend. I'll be extra nice to you," I tried to reason with her,

"In bed," Hannah finished my sentence for me.

"I'm always extra nice to you in bed, babe. But tonight, I'll be extra, extra nice." I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"What's the first problem?" Hannah asked me in a monotone voice and I knew I had won her over.

"I'll even cook you dinner tonight," I added.

"Problem number one, what is it?" Hannah smirked, tapping her pencil against me.

"Okay, it says..." I trailed off as I read the problem.

Wednesday, November 27th

I heard the doorbell ring and normally I never answered the door, but today I was feeling generous, seeing as tomorrow was Thanksgiving. Moose let out a bark.

"Hey, quiet," I scolded my best friend who paraded over to the door. I followed him and opened the door to find Hannah standing there with her hands shoved into her back pockets, an icy wind blowing her hair in every which direction.

"Hi, I know I didn't call or text," she said as she moved some hair out of her face.

"No, it's fine. Come in here, you're going to get sick." I grabbed her arm and tugged her inside.

"Where is everyone?" she asked me as she shrugged off her coat, almost like she was trying to shrug off the cold weather.

"Dad is out of town on a business meeting. Mom is in California meeting with investors for her website/business thing, and Noah is at a friend's house," I told her in a low voice. "Just you and me." Surprisingly, Hannah smiled up at me before bending down to take her riding boots off. Moose nudged his head under Hannah's arm, demanding attention. He promptly rolled over onto his back and waited for the love that he knew he would receive. "Nice ass," I joked as Hannah stood back up and walked over to me. Hannah shot me a look but it quickly faded as I bent my head down to kiss her. "How about, you and me go downstairs to the wine cellar and pick out a bottle and then curl up by the fireplace in my room?" I offered her.