23 // The PDA Talk

HANNAH // OCTOBER 20

I sat down in my chair and took out my notebook before going back to typing away on my phone. I checked the updated on RA Knows, went through Twitter, and was just about to post a tweet when Ben walked in. I swear, I felt my cheeks rise up in excitement as he walked towards me.

"Someone's happy," he said as he took a seat next to me.

"Just to see you," I shrugged. "Nothing special,"

"Oh, I'm nothing special? Really?" Ben said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his lap as he began to tickle me. Thank god there were only a few people in the room because I couldn't stop laughing.

"Ben, stop," I said between giggles. I squirmed around trying to get free. "Ben," I laughed. "Can't breathe," I felt my cheeks heating up. Ben finally stopped and I relaxed against him. The classroom was starting to fill up and I didn't want to make a complete scene.

"I'm totally special, Montague," he said to me as I draped one arm across his shoulders.

I took his hat off of his head. Ben opened his mouth to protest but I didn't give him the chance because I ran my fingers through his hair before putting his hat back on him.

"Yeah, you are special." I smiled at him, swinging my legs. With me sitting on Ben's lap, my feet couldn't touch the ground. Ben had one hand around my waist to keep me from falling and his other hand was in my lap. I had to admit, it was kinda cute.

"Mr. Copeland, can you please tell us why Miss Montague is sitting on your lap?" Mr. Hart asked as he walked into the room. He tossed his briefcase onto his desk. It landed with a loud thud.

"Because she's my girlfriend," he said with this goofy grin on his face. "Jeez, Mr. Hart, what do you have in that briefcase? Rocks?" Ben asked.

"A new assignment for all of you, actually," Mr. Hart clicked open his brown, leather briefcase that looked like it was about two centuries old and pulled out a stack of orange papers. "Is there something wrong with her seat?" he asked as he thumbed through the papers.

"I don't think so," Ben shrugged, his fingers drumming on my high.

"Then why is she still sitting on your lap?" Mr. Hart leaned against the front of his desk.

"Because class hasn't started yet," Ben's answer caused a few people to laugh. "There's two minutes until class starts." He cleared his throat.

"Well played, Mr. Copeland," Mr. Hart nodded. "In two minutes, I would like to see Miss Montague in her own chair, because I'm sure that is where she would be sitting at a restaurant. On a date with you. Not in your lap. Does that sound about right?" He asked. Ahh so there was his motive.

"That sounds perfectly correct." Ben looked up at me, the smile still hadn't left his face.

Mr. Hart nodded before turning his attention to a few stacks of papers on his desk.

"I'm gonna get off of your lap now, Ben," I told him.

"Okay," he still had that stupid smile on his face. I took my arm of of his shoulder and hopped off before taking a few steps back to my own seat.

I shivered as the cold chair sent chills through my thighs. Ben sent me a knowing look before he scootched his chair in a little bit.

"Tell me, students," Mr. Hart began walking around the class room. "How are your relationships going?" he asked. "We can see that Ben and Hannah are doing well," he said getting a few laughs out of the class. "What about you, Miss Wells? How are you and Noah doing?"