I nodded and watched her tuck the thin blanket around the baby, her pink lips twitching as the baby crinkled his nose. From what I could tell, she seemed to adore children, especially babies, which was a good thing considering my pack had a lot of children. 

This is good. Mate will want pups quickly then. 

We have bigger things to worry about and all you care about is having pups?

Making pups is fun.

How would you know? We haven't even tried.

That shut him up real fast. 

"Hudson," Alexis called, trying to get my attention, "Hudson!"

I blinked and stared at her, "Yes?"

"Why are you here? I know you didn't just come to see the baby."

"Oh right," I cleared my throat roughly, "I wanted to tell you to pack your things because we're going to go visit a witch. She lives pretty far so we'll have to spend at least two nights traveling."

She nodded, "Okay. When are we leaving?"

I checked my watch and pursed my lips. It was already eleven o'clock and we needed time to get ready. 

"Be ready by two," I muttered, turning to walk out. There was a lot to be done and I had no time to chit-chat.

***

ALEXIS

I glared at Hudson's back as he practically ran out of the room. It was as if he couldn't stand being close to me for more than five minutes, even though I knew that was a lie. My mind traveled back to the moment where he had hugged me, causing me to blush.

"Did Alpha Hudson say something dirty?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave my attention to Sasha, "No. Why?"

She grinned mischievously and nodded at my face, "You're blushing, chica. He must have said somethin' real dirty then."

I cursed myself as my cheeks felt warmer even though Hudson didn't even say anything relatively dirty.

"No. He told me to pack because we're going on a witch hunt," I said, rubbing my cheeks with an annoyed look on my face. 

"Oh, so he's still being a hard ass."

"Unfortunately," I muttered, picking up my jacket from the corner, "Well, I'm heading out. Let me know if you need anything before I leave."

She nodded and smacked my ass as I was walked out, "Go get'em, babe. Make him beg for you."

I rolled my eyes in amusement, "Your mate won't appreciate you spanking people.

She snorted, "Antonio's just jealous that I don't do that to him. I always knew he had a kink for–"

"Sasha!" 

She gave me a playful glare, "Well, you started it."

"And I'm ending it. Bye, Sasha," I said, shutting the door behind me. 

The next three hours flew by as I spent my time shoving things into two backpacks that I thought I needed. While I was zipping up one of the backpacks, Hudson walked into the kitchen carrying a backpack on his shoulder. He looked at me and frowned, "We're going to be gone for less than a week. Why do you need so many clothes? That backpack is going to burst."

I followed his gaze to the other backpack that I had finished packing a few minutes ago. I chuckled and went back to wrestling with the zipper, "It's filled with food, not clothes."