Going Home.

Kanoske's eyes struggled to opened, but they did slightly. Her gaze went to me automatically. I heard her choke out, "P-Please...help..." Her limply closed her eyes as more blood fell from them. That was all I needed. I lifted my Tokijin and struck the ground, watching as the bright blue light engulfed the man.  His screams filled the air as he transformed into this vine looking monster made of wood and vines. I slashed the Tokijin across his face, his face being sliced in half horizontally. It turned to wood and fell to the ground. All the flowers around dispersed and showed bare soil. The vines around Kanoske evaporated and she plopped on the ground, her breathing returning to normal. I walked up to her and placed Tokijin at my hip.

Kanoske began to open her eyes, blood stains still running down her cheeks. Whatever it was that man was making her dream about must of been hard, because she was shaking beyond belief. 

----------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and attempted to get up, but I had such a headache that I couldn't. I decided to lay still and saw that I was at the campfire. I blinked in confusion. Last time I was conscious, I was being held by vines that belonged to that Kao person.

"Kanoske, you're awake!" I heard a playful little voice yell. I looked up and saw Rin running over to me. "You've been out for two whole days."

I flinched. "Two days?!" I questioned. This made me jump up and look around, then suddenly feeling dizzy and resting my arm against Ah-Un, who had been sitting there the whole time.

"Careful, Kanoske!" Rin warned. "You lost a lot of blood when you got abducted by that Kao guy." I lost blood? Abducted? From what I remember, I was the one that went after the scent of the flowers and found myself getting into trouble.

I gasped and opened my eyes, turning to Rin. "Where's Sesshomaru?" I asked. She blinked and pointed north. I blinked as well and shook my head. "That's not very specific."

"He likes taking walks alone. So don't even think about bothering him!" I heard Jaken's obnoxious voice ring. It hurt my ears a bit, but I ignored it and him. I stood up and walked the direction that Rin was pointing, slightly staggering along the way but I used the trees as my clutches. We were still in the forest from when we rested when I ventured off to see the flowers -- which meant I kept Sesshomaru waiting... He probably wasn't very happy with me.

I came to a slightly inclined hill that led down to a huge lake. The lake was so big that you couldn't see the other side of it -- you could only see rocks that came above the water. There were a couple boulders that laid on the hill, and I saw the back of Sesshomaru's head hovering over one of them. I attempted to walk nonchalantly down the hill, but as I staggered, I slipped. I found myself sliding down the hill. As I was about to pass Sesshomaru, I closed my eyes and braced for any type of impact, but it never came. I suddenly stopped moving as I felt the top of my Kimono being tugged and pulled up. I opened my eyes and saw Sesshomaru sitting at his boulder, holding the back of my kimono and keeping me from escalating down the hill.

He pulled me up and sat me beside him, with a gap inbetween us. He looked over to me with on eye open and the other closed. "You're so..." He paused for a moment. I felt my chest tighten in fear he was going to use that word -- troublesome seemed to be the only word that described me. Yet, when Kao said it, it didn't make me feel sad. I felt like if Sesshomaru or Naraku said it, I would become upset.

"Clumsy," he finished.

"Huh?" I questioned and looked over to him. He was facing forward with a blunt expression. I blinked and looked forward to the river. "I'm sorry, Lord Sesshomaru..." I let out weakly.

I saw his eyes turn to me but he kept his face forward. "For what?"

"I'm causing you so much trouble... You had to save me from Kao and it caused us to be set back two days... I'm so..so.." I paused and hugged my knees to my chest. "I'm so troublesome..." 

"I do believe you're beginning to use that word too much." Sesshomaru stated. I looked over to him and sighed, nodding my head. "I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize."

"Sorry..." I let out accidentally and covered my mouth. He just shook his head.

"Say... Lord Sesshomaru?"

"Hm?"

I rested my chin on my knees. "Maybe I should go back home."

"If that's what you want." I stared at him. I had heard everything that went on between him and Kao. He had said that he wasn't obliged to make me feel welcome or at home, that he only kept me around  for Rin and Jaken. Then why did he promise my father and Tsuyoki that he would make sure I was out of harm's way? Why would he arrange a ceremony to wed him and I?

With those thoughts, I sat up and began walking up the hill. It was slightly harder to walk up it than to walk down it. 

"Kanoske." I heard him say. "Rest before you go home. You've lost a lot of your strength."

"No thank you..." I bluntly said as I continued up the hill. If I wasn't wanted  then I was leaving as soon as possible. I heard the grass shuffle behind me, andthen a blur appeared in front of me. i flinched as Sesshomaru stood in front of me with a blank expression on his face. 

There was a thud on the back of my neck, and then I blacked out.

---------

Sesshomaru's P.O.V.

Who did she think she was -- defying my orders? She was in no condition to move or be up and around, so I knocked her out. I picked her up with my one arm and brought her back to the camp sight, laying her down on Ah-Un. Rin welcomed me as she usually did: calling my  name and running toward me. To no avail did Jaken not complain about Kanoske leaving the sight.

"Come," I ordered them. Jaken stood up quickly and Rin grabbed Ah and Un's reins.

"Lord Sesshomaru, where are we going?" Rin asked me. I did not look back to her but I answered.

"Taking Kanoske home." I heard her and Jaken both gasp. "But my lord!" Jaken started. "Aren't you betrothed? Why isn't she staying?"

"She does not wish to."

"But..." I heard Rin start to say. Her voice sounded sad, but she didn't object.

It took us nearly a day and a half to track back to her village, which was the exact same as we left it. The guards bowed over the gates and opened them as quickly as they could. As we entered, it seemed as though more huts were in the village than last time, but I didn't stop.. I continued toward the castle and stopped at the front. The guards walked up to me.

"Lord Sesshomaru? What are you doing back?" One of them asked. I looked forward and the other guard nodded, running back to get the lord.

The first guard made his way over to Ah-Un, where Kanoske was laying on his saddle unconscious. "My lord, what happened to her?" He asked. 

"An incident. She has requested coming home." I didn't change my expression. I kept my face blank. The lord made his way out of the castle and towards us, his eyes on his daughter. "What is the meaning of this Sesshomaru?"

"It seems I have failed to do as I said." I simply let out. "Kanoske has requested to return home, so I am here to honor that request." Her father didn't question it, but nodded twice before ordering the guards to take Kanoske to her quarters. The guards did so, but I warned them to be gentle with her.

"Lord Sesshomaru. Might I asked what happened?" He proposed. I simply nodded and explained to him that she was lured away from our campsite by the aroma of flowers, and that the Flower Prince had scooped her up with his vines to make a meal out of her sorrow. I explained in detail how he said that he could not find any desire for anything in Kanoske's heart. He listened intently.

"So, you do not wish to wed her?" Her father asked. I let out a breath of air softly and turned around to walk away. 

"Lord Sesshomaru?"

"I already have."