Betrothed.

"The woman does as she wishes. She may follow if she so chooses." Sesshomaru said as he turned his back to us and walked away. my father looked to me, smiled ad nodded. I turned to look at Tsuyoki and he laid a kiss on my cheek, taking a hold of one of my hands.

"I trust you will stay alive?" He said in more of a matter-of-fact tone than a questioning one. Tsuyoki was always selfless and tried his best to make me happy.

The thing was -- I was far from happy. I was utterly terrified.

---------

Kanoske's P.O.V.

It had been a couple days since I had left with Sesshomaru. We hadn't said a word to each other at all, and the only things going on around us were Rin humming happily and Jaken complaining about having another 'useless woman' join the group.

All we ever did was walk, which was fine to me. The weather behaved itself for the couple days that we had set out, and all that I had seen since then were either vast forests or fields. From my view, it just seemed like we were going straight forever.

I wanted to ask Sesshomaru where exactly we were going, but of course I was too scared. He was so intimidating. I couldn't understand how Rin would be able to stand being near him. He was always silent and emotionless, like he never had any thought on his mind at all.

We came across another village. The village was rather large and had giant huts, which signified at least a little bit of wealth. There wasn't a castle, like in usual villages, but there was one rather large hut that was bigger than the others. 

Each hut was lined up perfectly with the one next to it and acrossed from it. The huts were spaced out, but not too significantly -- just enough to where if there needed to be any type of movement, there could be. A path lye in between the rows of houses that led to the rather large hut in the top center of the village. It seemed like it was made of a healthier wood than that of the other huts, including richer looking twinned-hay doors that hid the open entrances. There didn't seem to be many villagers running around in the village, but those that were seemed very busy. I supposed that could have been the reason for their obvious wealth.

"Wow! Lord Sesshomaru, what are we gonna do in this village?" Rin yelled happily, her lemon shaped eyes shining as she peered at her lord. Sesshomaru didn't make any sort of reply to the little girl, but instead stepped forward towards the village gates. We all followed him -- Rin riding Ah-Un right behind Sesshomaru, Jaken following behind them and I walked slowly behind the whole group. I was very skeptical of Sesshomaru, and Jaken got on my nerves.

A little after I left my village and started following Sesshomaru by the request of my father and Tsuyoki, my ears had started hurting and becoming extremely sensitive to the world around me. They had begun bothering me again, but I didn't show it. It was odd, because I never heard anything as clear as I did then, but the pain was a stinging sensation and it bothered me greatly. My smelling had also improved a bit, as well, but I was assuming it was because I had let out my transformed self not even three times in a couple weeks. My body was probably situating myself now that I knew I was a demon.

It was a difficult adapting to it though, especially since it all hit me at once. I would constantly find myself getting dizzy because of how sharp some sounds were. Rin's laugh, for example, was very high pitched and made my ears ring. I assumed Sesshomaru was slightly affected by it too, because he would ask her to stop.

As we entered the village, none of the villagers seemed to care that there were three demons and a human child with a two headed dragon going through. If anything, they all waved and smiled as if we were just humans.