The Flower Prince.

"Oh, dear..." I heard a voice coo in the distance. "How... Troublesome." Looking in the direction of the voice, I saw a man standing at the back of the village. He had a red kimono top on with a white Haori and Hakama. He stood tall, holding a closed paper fan against pale face as his long, black hair laid lazily off his shoulders.

"Hello, young one. I am Kao." The man said, his red eyes piercing me. 

---------

Kao's P.O.V.

The young girl approached the village. She seemed human enough, but she was definitely not. I watched as she looked around the village and noticed the villagers exiting their huts, her eyes widening as she saw the blood falling from their closed and happy eyes. 

"Are you all alright?!" She tried to question them as she ran up to them, concern masking her feminine physic. The woman looked around as to find something, until she laid her eyes on the vines attached to the villager's ankles. Did she figure out my technique so easily?

"Oh dear..." I let out, loud enough to make her eyes snap at me. She obviously didn't notice my presence before that. "How... Troublesome." That shot a few emotions in her eyes as we stared at each other for a brief moment.

"Hello, young one. I am Kao." I said, my voice as sly as ever. She took a step forward, lifting her nose. "What are you doing to these villagers?" The woman asked, masking the fact that the scent of my flowers were bothering her.

"Oh, nothing more than giving them peace." I answered. There was nothing more true than that. "You see, these villagers are ever so sorrowful. I use my flowers to cure their pain." I saw the woman flinch for a moment before looking around her. "And you, my dear are a giant pool of sorrow. Won't you let me rid that of you?"

Her eyes turned to me as she growled. Feisty one, wasn't she? "What would you know about that, demon?" Oh, so she was one of those demons. I sensed an enormous amount of anger in her as well as sadness. Her anger must have been towards demons, and her sadness must have been that she, herself was a demon.

I saw in her heart, just by standing upon the vines in my flower beds, that she had suffered more than anyone I'd ever consumed. She seemed so strong though, yet I knew that one word would set her off.

I smiled, feeling rather wicked. I would use that one word, then entrap her in my vines. 

"So troublesome, aren't you young lady?" I saw her freeze for a moment, and then step forward. It didn't seem to affect her as bad as I had hoped. 

"You think that word will hurt me?" She said, her voice angry. "I've emotionally beat myself up with that word to where it doesn't affect me anymore -- yet you think just saying it will bring me down? Think again, you filth." It seemed I did strike something within her, but not what I wanted to strike. She kept her composure so easily, beginning to walk up to me. But that walk turned into a fast run -- faster than I would have imagined her to move. Before I knew it she was right in front of me.

I offered a gentle smile to her, along with a quiet chuckle. She seemed to hear it quite clearly as she grabbed the front of my white haori. "What do you think is so funny?" She growled at me once again.

"You silly girl," I began. "You simply fell into my trap  -- and so easily at that." I watched as the woman's eyes grew wide with confusion. I took this moment to summon my vines and wrap them around her, having her hand release my haori.

"W-What is this?" She asked. Her attitude was quite bouncy. It seemed like one minute she was infuriated, yet the next she was frightened. How did she manage to get scared so easily? "What are you going to do with me?"