Anger and Realization.

Kanoske had found herself in this strange village with these very strange people and she just didn't know how to react. Miroku continuously infatuated himself around her and Sango, which was obviously jealous, often hit him for it. Kagome was concentrating on keeping Inuyasha behaved and the cute little fox demon named Shippo befriended Kanoske and sat joyfully upon her shoulder.

"So Kanoske," Shippo started, "can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead Shippo."

"Do you really think your father was possessed by a demon?"

Kagome and the rest of them turned their gaze to Kanoske and Shippo, anticipating a negative answer from her. But all Kanoske did was lower her head while her expression was replaced with that of a sad one.

"I want to believe that it isn't true," she weakly cooed, "but it just seemed too real."

"You reek of demon, there's no mistake about it," Inuyasha spoke up, "just accept it and move on."

"As much as I would like to, it isn't that easy."

"And why the hell not?"

Gripping her injured hand against her chest, Kanoske gritted her teeth. "Because, I'm not evil."

"But I'm not evil either!" Shippo jumped from her shoulder and on the ground in front of her. "Just because you're a demon doesn't mean you have bad intentions!"

"Shippo is right," Kagome smiled softly and looked over to Inuyasha with a dazed expression, "Inuyasha is part demon as well -- though his temper gets the best of him -- he still is very caring. There's nothing evil about him."

One of Inuyasha's ears twitched and he let out a soft 'hmph' at Kagome's comments.

Kanoske laughed weakly and patted Shippo on the head. "It's not that I think all demons are evil -- just the type that my father claimed I was."

"And what did he say you were?" Sango asked, interested.

"Well..." Kanoske gulped. "He said that he was a wolf demon..."

"Hmph," Inuyasha once again sounded distasteful.

"Do you have a problem?" Kanoske roughly asked.

"You're not just a wolf demon, what the hell else are you?"

She paused, staring at him intently.

"I'm not a demon at all."

"Dammit, you idiot." Inuyasha got up from his spot and walked over to the girl. She looked up at him with a bit of surprise on her face, expecting him to say something harsh.

"How fresh was your wound?"

"What?" She was baffled.

"When did you get injured?" Inuyasha was beginning to get impatient.

"Yesterday..." Kanoske said quietly, hoping he wasn't about to do what she thought he was going to.

And he did. Inuyasha grabbed the cloth that was tightly wrapped around her seemingly injured wrist and yanked it off, exposing her bare skin that, what seemed to be, completely healed.

She gasped, staring at her cleaned skin in amazement.

Her cut had been completely healed. There was no scar, nor any trace that anything had been there -- except for the blood.

Astonished, she looked up at Inuyasha, who held a crooked smile on his face with his hand on his hip. He felt victorious.

Kanoske lowered her head and covered her eyes.

"Fine," she admitted, "I guess I am a demon... aren't I?"

"Finally," Inuyasha chuckled and held a victorious fist halfway in the air.

Shippo looked concernedly at Kanoske, worried that she'd been upset. And she was.

Kanoske's eyes grew dark, a slight red tint beckoning in them. She stood suddenly, her eyes on Inuyasha and her fists clenching. The canines of her teeth grew exponentially larger as Kanoske began to growl.

Kagome noticed this change.

"Inuya-"

But it was too late. Kanoske had lifted her fist and slammed it against Inuyasha's face, knocking him back and slamming through the hut's walls to the outside.

"What the hell, you little--" huffing, Inuyasha attempted to get up, but suddenly Kanoske was right in front of him with a gust of wind following her. She grabbed the front of his fire rat kimono with her right hand.

"You're gonna pay for this," Inuyasha said, struggling.

With a warped voice, somewhat deeper and more crisp, Kanoske chuckled and smirked a bit, "oh am I?"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, running out of the hole in the side of the hut that he was slammed through. "Are you alright?!"

"Yes, now stay away Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted back. He glared at Kanoske with his golden brown eyes and laughed. "You honestly think you can defeat me?"

"Obviously..."

"Heh, then you got another thing coming."