Chapter 29

April's POV

I got released from the hospital a couple days later,and the first thing that came to my mind was prom. It was Tuesday and prom was Friday. With everything that's been going on I've had no time to prepare,so today Carly and I were gonna go shopping for a dress for me. She already got a dress that her cousin got for her.
We were currently driving in the car when I got a text from Carter.
(C=Carter and A=April)

C-Hey babe,whatcha doin today?
A- I'm going prom dress shopping with Carly.
C-oooo can I come?
A-No! I don't want you to see. I'll tell you what the color is later so you can get the tie.
C-Alright,have fun,Bye Beautiful. I love you
A-Bye Handsome,I love you too.

Oh my god he's so sweet.
"Who you talkin to?" Carly asked looking over at me.
"Carter" I said.
"You guys are like crazy for each other" she said shaking her head laughing.
"Yeah I know,but it's not everyday you date the boy you've liked for five years" I say.
"So how are things with you and Nate?" I ask.
"Oh my gosh!Its going great,he is just adorable." she said
"That's-" I was about to say but she cut me off.
"I think I love him" she blurted out
"What?!" I squealed
"Yeah, I figured out yesterday." she said turning into the mall parking lot.
"When are you gonna tell him?" I asked
"Maybe prom." she said getting out of the car with me following behind her.
We walked into Macy's and went to the dress section. They're were so many options. Carly and I grabbed a handful and she pushed me into a dressing room.
So far I've tried on so many dresses and none of them have worked for me.
"Carly this isn't working!" I yelled,frustrated, behind the dressing room door.
"Here try this one!" she tossed a dress over the door.
I threw it on and looked in the mirror and gasped.
It had diamond stud type things all across the chest area and it stopped about right below the breast. Then it flowed out into a mint blue color. I fell in love with it.
I walked out if the dressing room and saw Carly on her phone. I cleared my throat .
"OH MY GOD YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!" she yelled. Everyone in the store gave her a weird look.
"Sorry" she said and walked over to me.
"You like it?" I asked
"I love it, you need to get it ." she said
"Okay" I said and walked back into the dressing room and changed out of the dress. When I walked out with the dress in hand I saw a pair of heels that were shiny silver.
I walked over to them and grabbed them. I went to the counter and was about to take out my wallet when Carly handed the lady her credit card.
When we were walking out of the store I asked her"why did you do that?"
"Oh you can't just say thank you" she said laughing.
"Thank you!" I said and hugged her.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Carly and I were sitting on the couch watching Mean Girls in our pajamas when we heard the door bell ring.
I opened the door to see Carter and Nate standing there in their pajamas holding two tubs of Ben and Jerry's.
I started laughing.
"We heard about your sleepover and wanted to join in on the fun" Nate said with a cheeky smile.
"Is that Nate?" I heard Carly ask walking over. When she finally reached us she started laughing.
"What's so funny?" Carter asked.
"You guys are just the best boyfriends" I said and pecked him on the lips as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"We try" they said.
We all walked over and sat on opposite couches Carter and I on one and Carly and Nate on the other.
"You guys want something to drink?" I asked.
"Sure"they said
"I'll come with you" Carter said
When I got to the kitchen Carter turned me around and started kissing me.
After a little while we heard Carly yell
"You guys better not be what I think your doing! I don't want little Carter and Aprils running around!" Carter and I pulled away and he laughed while I just blushed.
"Maybe later" he whispered and winked, walking out of the kitchen
"Carter!" I yelled after him.

•••a/n This chapter was really short and I apologize! The next one is gonna be really long. Please go check out my other book! For the rest of the week I can only update one book so comment and tell me what book you want me to update. Tell me if you have any ideas for the sequel!!!Thank you! Don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Stay beautiful~A😘