Chapter 13 Christmas Time

Chapter 13

I was so exited for Christmas break. I managed to get Snape to bring me to Hogsmeade again so I could buy everyone's presents. Harry - A pocket watch, Hermione - Quiditch Through the Ages(her own copy), Ron- Rock Cakes, Neville- Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs, Fay and Parvati- Chocolates, Blaise- a Muggle Grimms' storybook(he never read one before), Weasley Twins- Acid Pops disguised as normal lollipops, and for Snape I got Parenting 101 as a joke and a Superman comic, since he's not familiar with muggle things.

I had fun shopping and later I had a snowball fight with Fred and George. We bewitched snowballs to follow Quirrel and pelt his turban. I got goosebumps every time it got hit, something bad seemed to be oozing out and it scared me. We ended up getting detention for it though.

The Common Room was nice and toasty but I couldn't say the same for the Dungeons. It was freezing down there. I had to use a heating charm on myself just to be able to make my potion. I was going to be staying at Hogwarts for break. I wasn't the only one staying though, Ron and Harry would be staying with me so I could just hang out with them, even though Ron pushed my buttons.

It was a day before the Holidays when Hagrid found out we were searching for Nicholas Flamel. Hermione had told me what happened after I stormed out and how Fluffly was guarding an item for Nicholas Flamel.

We entered the Great Hall to see the decorations all pretty. Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were busy with the Christmas decorations.

"Ah, Hagrid, the last tree - put it in the far corner, would you?"

The hall looked spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls, and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles.

"How many days you got left until yer holidays?" Hagrid asked.

"Just one," said Hermione. "And that reminds me - Harry, Ron, we've got half an hour before lunch, we should be in the library. Jess, you want to join us?" I shook my head no. I had been in the library way too much.

"Oh yeah, you're right," said Ron, tearing his eyes away from Professor Flitwick, who had golden bubbles blossoming out of his wand and was trailing them over the branches of the new tree.

"The library?" said Hagrid, following us out of the hall. "Just before the holidays? Bit keen, aren't yeh?"

"Oh, we're not working," Harry told him brightly. "Ever since you mentioned Nicolas Flamel we've been trying to find out who he is."

"You what?" Hagrid looked shocked. "Listen here - I've told yeh - drop it. It's nothin' to you what that dog's guardin'."

"We just want to know who Nicolas Flamel is, that's all," said Hermione.

"Unless you'd like to tell us and save us the trouble?" Harry added. "We must've been through hundreds of books already and we can't find him anywhere - just give us a hint - I know I've read his name somewhere."

"I'm sayin' nothin', said Hagrid flatly.

"Just have to find out for ourselves, then," said Ron, and they left Hagrid looking disgruntled and hurried off to the library.

"Kids right." I joked to Hagrid. He didn't seem to like my joke that much but he did give a semi-laugh.

I spent the rest of the day with Sherlock and Blaise. We had a snowball fight, I won. It was a lot of fun.

"Promise you'll write." I asked sticking out my pinky.

"I promise." He said, he linked his pinky with mine.