Chapter 12 Snape Did What?

Chapter 12

Snape and I made up. We didn't really apologize but i think we both knew what the other meant. He even took me to Hogsmeade! Score!

Anyways school went on and as November hit so did the cold. It was freezing! There was frost on the grounds, the lake froze over, and worst of all I couldn't enjoy the sunrise by the lake anymore. It had become a habit to wake up early and watch the sunrise before breakfast. Now I was late for breakfast most days and I couldn't feel my fingers properly without a warming spell.

It was November and for some crazy reason that's when Quiditch starts. I had taken Harry's broom out for joyrides and it was AWESOME! I love to fly now. I was thinking about trying out for Quiditch the next year, but first I wanted to see a real game.

Harry was going to be playing his first real Quiditch match on Saturday. Gryffindor v. Slytherin. Dun dun dunnnn. I was pumped to watch the nasty Slytherines get pulped by us amazing Gryffindors.

Hermione, who was more lenient about breaking rules, was also excited like me.

The day before Harry’s first Quidditch match the four of us were out in the freezing courtyard during break, and Hermione and I had conjured up a bright blue fire that could be carried around in a jam jar. We were standing with their backs to it, getting warm, when Snape crossed the yard. He seemed to be limping. We moved closer together to block the fire from view; I was sure it wouldn’t be allowed. Unfortunately, something about the other's guilty faces caught Snape’s eye. He limped over. He hadn’t seen the fire, but he seemed to be looking for a reason to tell them off anyway. 

 “What’s that you’ve got there, Potter?” 

  It was Quidditch Through the Ages. Harry showed him. 

 “Library books are not to be taken outside the school,” said Snape. “Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor.”

 “He’s just made that rule up,” Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away. “Wonder what’s wrong with his leg?” 

 “Dunno, but I hope it’s really hurting him,” said Ron bitterly. I hit Ronald for that statement, he was still my adoptive family.

  The Gryffindor common room was very noisy that evening. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and myself all sat together next to a window. Hermione was checking Harry and Ron’s Charms homework for them. She would never let them copy (“How will you learn?”), but by asking her to read it through, they got the right answers anyway. I would let them copy ,but not with Hermione watching so I sometimes snuck into the boys' dorms to help give them answers that Hermione didn't.

  Harry was acting restless and that was confirmed when he got up and told the rest of us told that he was going to ask Snape if he could have the book back. 

  “Better you than me,” Ron and Hermione said together, but I joined Harry, because I could.

We made our way down to the staff room and knocked. There was no answer. Harry knocked again. 

Nothing. 

Harry must have thought Snapey left the book in there because he pushed the door open and peered inside.

 “Blasted thing,” Snape was saying. “How are you supposed to keep your eyes on all three heads at once?” Was he talking about Fluffy?

 Harry tried to shut the door quietly, but — 

 “POTTER!” 

 “I just wondered if I could have my book back.” He said.

 “GET OUT! OUT! ”