Chapter 5 Diagon Alley

Chapter 5

It was amazing. Diagon Alley just looked so...Magical. I saw an Apothacery store. Which I read had potion items. There was a Pet store and so much more! I fell behind so Snape grabbed my hand and dragged me to Gringrotts.

Inside I saw short people..things. After a little while I realized they were goblins. We walked up to one and Snape spoke saying, "We are here to see Miss Dekeyrel's vault."

"Does Miss Dekeyrel have her key?" the goblin asked looking at me. I looked at Snape to see if he had a key but all he did was motion to my neck. Looking down I saw it was my necklace he motioned to.

Lifting it up I showed my family crest to the goblin. He nodded his head as if it wasn't a forgery and stepped down and said, "Follow me." I looked at Snape because I was hesitant. He gave me a reassuring nod and pushed me forward.

We rode a cart thing to my vault as it's called. We rode for a long time. I think I saw a dragon on our way to my vault. Eventually we started to slow down and we reached my vault. It was so far down I could hear the dragon nearby. We got out of the cart and the goblin asked for the key. I took my necklace out and inserted it into the door.

The crest was practically thrown out the door. I wonder what had happened thinking something was wrong with my necklace. Next thing I knew there was a loud sound echoing around. The door was opening! It was very loud so I covered my ears waiting for the sound to subcede.

When I uncovered my ears and looked up I was astound.There was so much gold and small foreign looking coins to almost the ceiling.

"The gold coins are Gaellons the silver are Sickles and the bronze are Knuts. 29 Knuts to a Sickle, 17 Sickles to a Gaelloen." Snape told me. Nodding my head I looked at everything else.

I saw many different sizes of my family crest. One item in particular caught my eye. It was a small lion made out of gold with rubies for eyes. There seemed to be a light emitting from it but no one else seemed to notice. I picked it up and put it in a bag I was given. Then I got a bunch of Gaellons and Sickles and a Few Knuts.

We left Gringotts and headed to Madam Malkin's."I'll wait outside I have a few things to do. I will meet you at Flourish and Blotts." I headed inside the store almost running into a boy around my age. He had tan skin and black hair. I think he was Italian. He was pretty cute. I gave him a small smile and said sorry.

"No worries." he told me with a gorgeous smile lighting up his face."I'm Blaise. Are you going to Hogwarts?"

"I'm Jess. Ya are you?" He nodded and moved out of the way to allow me in. "I'll see you at Hogwarts then. Bye" he said leaving. Shaking my head I went to see Madam Malkin and get my school clothes.

After I was measured and had all my stuff paid for I left for Florish and Blotts. Entering I was amazed. They had so many books I was in heaven. I took out my school list and got those books first before heading else where to find more. I got Hogwarts A History, Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them, The Beedle and the Bard and more.

By the time I paid for all my books I saw Snape outside. I went outside with my books practically dragging on the ground. Snape waved his wand mumbling under his breath a spell making my bags disappear.

"I sent them to your room." he told me answering my unspoken question.

His hand was behind his back as if he was holding something. I gave him a questioning look waiting for my answer. Sighing Snape brought his hand out showing me what he was holding. I gasped it was a puppy!

"Is he mine?" I asked Snape silently pleading he was.

"Er- yes I thought you might like him. He is a magical puppy. Though I don't know what he does." I gave Snape a big hug taking the Bernese Mountain puppy out of his hands to cuddle. "I love him. Thank you!"

Talking to my new puppy I said, "I'm gonna name you, Sherlock!" I smiled and asked where we were going next.

"Well I got everything else except you still need to get your wand." We left Flourish and Blotts and went to Olivander's for my wand.

"I'll wait outside." Snape said with a grimace at the building. Giving him a smirk I handed him Sherlock. I opened the door walking into the creepily silent store. I stood there for awhile examining the store. There were hundreds of small boxes which probably held wands.

"Ah Miss Dekeyrel. I thought I would be seeing you here." An old man told me. I think he was Olivander.

"I can remember when your mother was getting her own wand. Which hand is your wand hand?" "My right." I told him.

"Hmmm." Olivander was muttering to him self. He brought out a wand and told me to swish it. It wasn't the wand for me. That's for sure. I exploded the windows. Snape wasn't to pleased with that. I gave Olivander a sheepish smile and apologized. "No big deal." he said with a smile. "Happens all the time." Waving his wand he said Reparo repairing the windows.

I tried a bunch of wands. Until Olivander gave me a look and went so far back in his shop I thought he might be a TimeLord and this a TARDIS.

Finally he came back with an old wand case. The case had simple but ellegant. Inside was a beautiful wand. The wand seemed to be made from red oak. On it were a bunch of designs like spirals which I loved.

Grabbing the wand I knew it was mine without even flicking it. With Olivander watching I knew I had to flick it so I did. I heard a fierce roar come from my wand and then a shining gold lion like my statue.

The look on Olivander's face was priceless. "I-I've never seen anything like that happen before." He said with awe in his voice. "The wand is 14 inch Red Oak with a hair from a Lion's mane core." I gave him a look saying, "Lion's mane since when are lions magical."

"Well in reality they aren't. This is a special lion though. Have you heard of the four founders?" I had I skimmed through Hogwarts a History.

I nodded and he continued. "Well each house has a mascot. Slytherin a snake, Ravenclaw an eagle, Hufflepuff a badger, and Gryffindor a lion. People always assume they stand for the houses but they actually are the animagus forms of the founders. The lion hair in your wand is Godric Gryffindor's."

I looked at him in silence for a couple of minutes before paying for my wand and leaving.

"Finally, now we must apparate back, hold my arm." Snape said as I exited the old building. With one last look behind me I grabbed Snape's arm taking Sherlock from him and we were gone.

Landing in Hogsmeade I made sure Sherlock was alright and let go off Snape. Sherlock licked my face in a loving manner and we walked back to Hogwarts.

It was about 3 o'clock when we reached our quarters. "I'm gonna go see Hagrid I'll be back later. Kay?" I told Snape walking right back out the door with Sherlock on my heels.

I walked to Hagrid's hut only getting lost twice. I rolled down the hill stopping in front of the hut. I knocked on the door and waited for Hagrid to open it. Fang barked at us so Sherlock and I barked right back. We had a barking war until Hagrid finally opened the door. I won by the way.

Hagrid opened the door and said, "Oh 'ello Jess." He opened the door wide enough for Sherlock and me to enter.

A slobbery Fang greated us with kisses. Giggling I wiped off some slobber and sat down. We talked for a while before Hagrid told me about Harry Potter.

"He's the Boy Who Lived." Hagrid told me in a whisper. I remembered reading about the Boy Who Lived. An evil dude named Voldemort killed Harry's parents and tried to kill him but instead Voldemort died.

"I get to take him to Diagon Alley." He told me proudly. We talked a little more before we left saying goodbye to Fang and Hagrid.