Chapter 6 Who's Daughter??

SORRY I TOOK SO LONG I HAD A LAZY SUMMER AND IVE GOT ALOT OF HOMEWORK NOW AND A JOB :)   <3

Chapter 6

I went back to our quarters only to be whisked away by Snape. We headed back to Dumbledore's office. I think.

Yup it was Dumbledore's office. I tried asking Snape what was up but he didn't say anything he just sorta glared at me. After whispering the password the gargoyle moved away revealing the stairs.

Dragging me up the stairs, with Sherlock still at my heels, Snape opened the door pushing me in. I saw Snape wait til Sherlock was in before he closed it. I knew he was a softy. "Soooooo. Anyone mind tellin' me what's going on?" I asked after a few seconds.

"We wanted to have you sorted." Snape told me scowling as usual.

"Well you could have just said that." I looked up at Dumbledore hearing him chuckle quietly. That made me laugh too so I might have been rolling around on the floor laughing. This lasted at least 10 minutes.

When I settled down I sat on a chair picking Sherlock up to pet. I waited for Dumbleydore to explain more. "Sorting into your house he means. We place a hat on your head and it reads you're mind to tell you where you would fit in best."

He gave Snape a nod and Snape picked up a tattered old hat. Something about the hat seemed weird but I didn't know what. The hat got dumped on my head.

Next thing I know I hear a voice speak to me. It seemed to be inside my head

Well you're early. I don't usually sort people until September. "Well ya. I don't know why I am though." I thought to him.

You are different. I can tell you have great power inside you. Very difficult to place. The blood of two rivals flows through out you.

"Blood of two rivals? What do you mean? Do you know who's my father? Is this about my wand?" I questioned him.

Your father's name is Tom Riddle. Yes your wand is involved. You are of two house that have despised each other since the founders themselves. Hmmm you are cunning, very cunning. You would do well in your father's house. The courage inside you burns bright. Hmm you are needed to fulfill the prophecy though. I think you would be best in...

"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat yelled.

I pulled it off my head, startled to see the sun had gone down. Dumbledore fell off his chair and Sir Snape-alot was sound asleep being licked by Sherlock.

I decided to let Snapey-Poo sleep while I talked with Dumbledore. I told him what the old hat had said to me about the houses, my father, and the prophecy.

"Well Jessica, I had a hunch who your father was." Dumbledore said. "Do you wish to know the truth?" I nodded my head waiting for him to continue.

"Tom Riddle was a bright young lad when I was still a teacher. Very smart. He grew up in an orphanage, like you. He was in Slytherin. The only known heir of Slytherin a matter of fact. While your mother was the last heir of Gryffindor. But something changed in him. He was very interested in the Dark Arts and had begun to gather followers. In this group of followers he became know as....Lord Voldemort."

I just sat there trying to comprehend what I had just heard. Is this possible? Can my father really be Voldemort? I don't know how much time had passed while I tried to understand it but I was becoming tired. I put the prophecy to the back of my mind for later, as I was to tired to talk about it.

Dumbledore must have sensed it because he woke up Snape said a few words and we headed back to our quarters. There was silence the whole walk back. I just couldn't believe it. Me, a child of the most evil wizard to ever exist?!? I'm not evil. At least I don't think I am.

Without a word I walked to my room, got dressed for bed and laid down to sleep. Sherlock jumped up and laid next to me in a protective stance. I just laid there trying to sleep. With my eyes closed I heard my door open and felt Sherlock jump up with a low growl.

"Quiet." Snape told him sternly. Sherlock stopped growling but remained standing protectively. Snape sighed and walked near my bed. He stood there for a while before leaving just as I fell asleep.

I woke up in a happy mood. I got dressed and left my quarters, locking Sherlock in. I still hadn't explored the castle so I went walking.

I talked to the portraits they were all very kind to me. There was a funny knight who couldn't even use his sword properly. I wandered and almost ran into a wall. I just stood there dazed. Shaking my head I turned around. Just as I was about to turn the corner I heard a loud sound.

The wall was opening up! I looked around and walked in. The room was magnificent. A green glow was emitted from the lake into the dark room. I realized I was in the Slytherin common room. I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched so I ran out of there.

I skipped through the halls looking for excitement. I heard loud snoring coming from a hall in the third floor. So like the wise person I am, I went to see what was making the noise.

There was a door at the end of the hallway. It was unlocked so I went in. Inside was a Cerberus. Which is a three headed dog btw. He was so cute! I accidentally woke him so to not make him bark I went and pet him.

He seemed to like it. I started singing softly as I petted him. He seemed to like that even more and soon fell asleep once more.

I didn't want to disturb him so I left in search of something else. I found the kitchens and all the other common rooms. Finally I decided to head back to the dungeons. I headed straight to my room and read until I was finally dragged away from my beautiful books.

Dinner was quiet until Snape finally spoke up, "I know all this must be difficult but you mustn't let it effect you."

I ate my spaghetti in silence choosing to ignore his kind words. Snape seemed to understand I didn't feel up to talking so he left me alone in my thoughts. I went to my room and read my books coming out only for the bathroom and food.

When Hagrid came back I finally broke my silence. "I'm going to visit Hagrid, I'll be back later." Snape nodded not looking up from his paper. With a sigh I left the dungeons with Sherlock by my side.

Hagrid told me about Harry and what he looked like etc. Harry seemed like a pretty cool kid I couldn't wait to meet him.

"So I found a Cerberus in a room." I casually slipped into the conversation. "Do you know his name? He was so cute!" Hagrid spit out his tea covering the dogs and me in tea. "How'd yer find Fluffy?"

"Awwww Fluffy? That's the cutest name ever! Well I really like him can I visit him some more?" I asked with a puppy dog face. "Errr. I don' think Dumbledore would want ya to do that."

"Awww okay fine." I said with a frown. I dropped the subject for now but this wasn't the last he would hear from me on the subject.

After it got dark Sherlock and I walked back to our room. The rest of the summer was pretty boring. All I did was read all my books, practice magic, and visit Hagrid. Occasionally exploring the grounds  with Sherlock. I learned nothing of the prophecy yet but I didn't stop looking.