Chapter 9 Classes!!

Hi reader!! So I really would appreciate it if ya'll would comment or messgae me your thoughts. Because I don't know what I should work on if you guys don't tell me. Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Chapter 9

I woke up early so I could take a short walk around the grounds before breakfast. The whole Gryffindor Tower was deeply asleep as Sherlock and I crept out. We walked near the Womping Willow but not close enough to be hit by it. I sat down and began throwing sticks for Sherlock to chase after.

I had woken up during the darkness so I was able to watch the sunrise before my first day of classes. After just sitting in the grass basking in the sunlight I decided it was time to get dressed and ready for classes.

When I re-entered the dormitories it was a lively place so I quickly ran to my room to avoid attention. Fay and Lavender were still dozing in their beds, while Parvati was finishing getting dressed. The other girls were nowhere to be seen.

I threw on my uniform with my now Gryffindor colored tie and placed all my books and other necessities into my bag. Not wanting to upset anyone I left Sherlock in my room with a full doggy bowl and an enchanted water bowl that refilled on it's own.

Parvati waited for me so we walked down to the Great Hall together we received our class list. We had Charms, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Astronomy and Herbology.

Charms was fun. In Transfiguration we were turning matches into needles. I easily did that, Hermione was the only other person to get anywhere close to mine. I had even started sewing a design into my robe by the end of class.

I hadn't met Quirrell before and boy was he weird. He wore this turban on his head and why in the world did he always stutter?!? Though I knew he was odd there was something about him that gave me the creeps, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I hadn't met Professor Binns before either and he could drone on and on. Luckily History was and still is really interesting for me so I was able to stay awake and take notes.

On Friday we had Double Potions and I was worried about it. I hadn't spoken to Snape since before he dropped me off to take the train. At breakfast Harry received a letter from Hagrid that said:

Dear Harry,

I know you get Friday afternoons off, so would you like to come and have a cup of tea with me around three?

I want to hear all about your first week. Send us an answer back with Hedwig.

Hagrid

I was a bit offended that Hagrid didn't personally invite me but Harry said I could go with him so I wasn't too mad. Harry borrowed Ron's quill, scribbled Yes, please, see you later on the back of the note, and sent Hedwig, his owl, off again.

I was happy I had Hagrid's to look forward to but I still was dreading class with Snape. Snape, like Flitwick, started the class by taking roll, and like Flitwick, he paused at Harry's name.

"Ah, Yes," he said softly, "Harry Potter. Our new - celebrity."

Draco Malfoy and his so called friends Crabbe and Goyle snickered behind their hands. Snape finished calling the names and looked up at the class.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making," he began. He spoke in barely more than a whisper, but we caught every word - like Professor McGonagall, Snape had the gift of keeping a class silent without effort. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."