Chapter XI: New Enemy

Me: You don't know how to mind-control someone doing voodoo?

I ask, bewildered at this guys lack of skill with voodoo.

Caleb: No, I just know how to use dolls to stab people...

Me: Mother-... GOD!

This is just great, I have a new useless ally... And if I ditch him, I'll get thrown into jail again fuckin' great.

Caleb: It's okay! I can still kill someone using voodoo. It... just takes a long time.

Me: Fine! You'll get Diana... Just do whatever I tell you to do. Okay?

Caleb: Yep, got it... Y/N, sounds weird saying your name... I'm used to saying Ace.

Me: Call me Ace! Not Y/N, if I go, you go too for helping me, and you get absolutely no girls.

Caleb: So, can I like make code names for each other, like I'll call you 'Card-6' and I'll be 'Voodoo Master Extre-

Me: Yeah whatever, just please stay focused!

Caleb: Sorry...

Me: For now, just act yourself. Wait till I tell you to do something, and I'll give you the notion.

Caleb: Alright...

Caleb said, finally getting up and leaving the room. I sigh before checking the scroll for the time, 2:48. I give a huff and pull out a cigar from my pocket. Flipping up my lighter. I let loose a few rings into the ceiling, contemplating myself. No, don't doubt yourself, you still remember... Fuck the memories, but they're the only thing that keeps me doing what needs to be done. It's until then, I get a call from my scroll...

It's from that Pyrrha Nikos girl...

I curse, before opening the scroll and placing it to my ear.

Pyrrha: Hello? Hello? Ace are you there?

Me: Yeah, yeah what? What is it?

Pyrrha: Can I talk to you, in private?

She sounded frantic, and was heavily breathing, as if she had been running.

Me: Yeah, sure you can talk to me about anything.

Pyrrha: I have evidence of Jaune not being Spade!

My mouth drops... she found his corpse. Or at least what's left of it. Shit! She cannot tell Ozpin this! He needs to believe that Spade is dead! This plan's in jeopardy...

Me: Y-yeah sure. I just need some evidence of it.

Pyrrha: Just meet me in the forest near Beacon!

Me: Sure...

I say, before I yelled in fury throwing my cigar out the window. As well as smashing my scroll onto the wall. I turn into dust and quickly head through the ventilation shafts to the lobby... Where I saw Caleb talking to Diana, about that Project Professor Port gave to us.

Caleb: So, I thought that you'd be able to do the project with me... 'Cause y'know... I'm an expert in Grimm anatomy.

Diana flipped her hair before she took out her scroll and tapped in a few notes.

Diana: Whatever, I just hope you'll get me a good mark.

Me: Caleb, I need you right now.

Caleb waves goodbye to Diana, who wasn't even looking his way. She was already walking towards her friend on Team RWBY, Yang Xiao Long.

Caleb: Dude I scored!

I lightly bopped his head with my fist. He still held his forehead and whined.

Me: That's when you have sex not when you barely convince a girl to do a school project with you.

Caleb: What was that for?

Me: Just hold on a moment Caleb, I need you to create a voodoo doll for me.

Caleb: Oh, really well it'll take a long time though.

Me: Whatever can you just do it right now, I'm running out of time. I need you to make a doll for me.

Caleb: Alright man, whatever... I'll do it. But whom do you need it for?

I thought for a moment, before patting Caleb's shoulder.

Me: It's gonna need red hair... Red as blood.

Caleb: Gotcha...