Chapter III: Butterfly Knife Effect

Patrolling the area by myself, not exactly the best thing to do. But I have to plan my moves carefully, picking targets was the best strategy for me. The easily manipulated, the weak souls. I saw many people; small, big, thin, tall but I saw no one that could be a potential candidate. The scent of Beacon filled me, I had always noticed a very diverse smell in any establishment I've been in, some smell fresh, some rotten, and particularly candy stores the sweet serene smell that came with thousands of sugary products. Only one smell tops that, the smell of rubble, fire and smoke. Simply satisfying, like a puzzle pieces meant for me.

I check the scroll Beacon provided for me, 8:45. Damn almost time for class.I pocketed my device as I sprinted at full speed to Grimm Studies class, along they way encountering Lilith.

Lilith: Hi Ace lemme guess you're late too?

She asks, I snicker and joke.

Y/N: What a coincidence, You really are one to read minds you know that Lilith?

Her lilac and pink hair was in a ponytail swishing in the wind as my (h/c) coloured hair also felt the wind in them. We turned a few corners. Once even ending up at the janitor's closet by confusion. Then once we finally were able to get into Professor Port's classroom we had arrived just on time, got to stage myself as a model student as to not draw attention from others.

Caleb: *clenches teeth* Where were you guys.

I smack his cheek,

Me: Save it, do you wanna taste the soles of my shoe.

Caleb sweat-dropped, he shook his head and I scoffed at him. Turning my attention to Mr. Sandy Claus

Me: Good.

Port: Good day to you students, and to you exchange students as well. My name is Professor Port, but a little about me first... When I was a wee little kid I dreamt of becoming what my father one was. Oum bless his soul. Blah blah blah.

Then, Port begins to talk to us nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing about Grimm. Save for the 'notorious' Ursa prowling around his village when he was a kid.

Port: And I grabbed the Ursa in a headlock, and proceeded to wrestle it into the ground. Valiantly stamping out his head as he tried to escape my wrath.

I could feel myself getting tired, almost blacking out at times. Then suddenly, I heard a name being called.

Port: Mr. Thire? Mr. Thire!

I jumped from out of my seat, then suddenly realized... he was calling out my fake name. I stood up and walked down the steps towards him. I stood in front of him as he turned and his hand pointed to a cage, with something rattling and causing a bug commotion inside. A Grimm.

Port: Behind these bars lie the enemy. Better prepare yourself.

I snapped out of it, reaching behind my back, grabbing my butterfly knife. Flicking it around and even tossing it up, catching the handle mid-air and holding it in a back-hand position.

Me: Ready.

The Professor returned to the door of the cage with his weapon in hand. A double-axe-blade blunderbuss. He positioned the blades just above the padlock. Unleashing a Boarbatusk, a smaller species of the Grimm. Squealing with anger evident in it's cry it ran at me, I activated my semblance, my black dusty body passing right by it's own feet. It was confused for a moment before I flicked my butterfly knife into it's right eye.

The Boar Grimm shrieked both in pain and surprise. I then slipped up an ace card from my sleeve, this wasn't an actual plastic playing card though. It is a shrurikan, the ace symbol in the middle identified my fingerprint and small nano almost invisible blades extended from the sides, especially thin

Suddenly I felt my chest feel like it was caving in when the Grimm charged me. Damn it! I should've expected that!

I flung the ace card upwards as me and the Grimm circled each other. It snarled, I grinned. Just then, the card came down from the air, slicing through the neck of the creature. Killing it instantly.

Port: Bravo! Mr. Thire. Well done indeed. This is a true huntsman who's really going places.

I picked up my shuriken card and placed it back in my pocket. Grunting in effort as I yanked out the knife from the Boarbatusk's eye. It faded into dust soon after, filling the air with it's rotten smell and seemingly dark presence.

I nonchalantly returned to my seat, with Caleb patting my back.

Caleb: Nice job out there Ace.

Lilith: Yeah you did great.

I nodded slightly at them, letting them know I acknowledged their existence.

Unnoticed by Caleb and Lilith, I wrote down on a piece of paper their names. I labelled them possible candidates. Surely I'd be able to put my plan into action... as long as I can find a fuse...

Just then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blond boy being harassed by a larger brown-haired boy and his teammates. They were throwing spitballs at him. I could see the hidden fury underneath his skin, his barely unconfined anger, just lying in wait. The perfect kickstart...

Me: Eureka...

I mutter, writing 'Aryan Guy' and beside his name, I put the word 'fuse'.

A/N: What's Y/N planning for Beacon? What is this 'fuse' he's talking about. What dastardly plan does he have for the student in general. For now this was only a chapter that demonstrates Y/N's skill, now the story may not seem like much now. But it'll get better I promise.