One | Tessa Gray

Word count: 1028

Will Herondale was walking through the hallways, knowing that a lot of girls would swoon over him — as always, and hence he always took his time passing the hallways, to his locker

Will Herondale was walking through the hallways, knowing that a lot of girls would swoon over him — as always, and hence he always took his time passing the hallways, to his locker. There was nothing new for this school year. It was going to be the same old flirty, cocky and dashing him. No one could ever change that about him.

Oh, but how wrong Will Herondale was, but not even she could change his character.

Tessa Gray bit her lip as she awkwardly walked through those dreaded hallways. She tied her long, slightly curly brown hair into a messy bun on top of her hair — which turned out needed a longer time to pull off than expected. She was wearing a plain dress, with some flats. Yay, school! she thought sarcastically. That was until...she saw him.

Their eyes met for a split second and they knew, their year was going to be hectic one, if they ever decided to hang around each other.

Then, a red-haired girl walked up to her. "Hello! I'm Clarissa, but everyone calls me Clary. You're Theresa right? I was the one who volunteered to be your guide around the school!" the girl — Clary— chirped, waving to Tessa. Tessa gave her a small smile and said, "I am, but please, call me Tessa. Everyone does."

"Well, Tessa, would you like your tour of the school now? Along the way, you can ask me questions about anything, even the people in school. I know most of them anyway. We could be friends, wanna sit with me and my "gang" during lunch?" Clary offered.

Tessa knew that if she didn't plunge for the opportunity now, she could've been living her high school life in loneliness, so that's what she did. "Sure," she said.

"First, let's get your timetable, it's in the office, over there," Clary pointed to a door with the a sign that wrote "School Office". They walked side by side into the office and Clary helped to ask for Tessa's timetable. "Here you go," she said, handing the piece of printed paper to Tessa.

Tessa mumbled a quick "thank you" and walked out. Then, a familiar black-haired, blue-eyes boy walked pass her, along with a few other boys. The blonde one came up to Clary gave her a wink and said, "Clary, remember to sit with us during lunch, I'm sure Will would love to see the new girl. Hi, by the way." Tessa looked down on the floor muttering a soft "hello".

"Who's Will?" Tessa's eyes burned with curiosity, as she asked Clary. "The one you were drooling over," Clary smirked. Great, Clary noticed, Tessa thought, while she blushed. "Is someone developing a crush?" Clary smirked at the girl whose cheek was as red as a ripe tomato. "Says the one staring at blondie with intense lust, huh," Tessa smirked after calming herself down.

"Shut up," Clary said, not able to hide the faint blush on her cheeks from Tessa.

*Lunch*

"Remember to keep your mouth closed, Tessa," Clary giggled whilst walking with her to the cafeteria for lunch.

"And remember to keep your lusting eyes to yourself, and if your hands like roaming around, then strap them to your sides," Tessa said jokingly, winking at the girl beside her.

Clary was then approached by another guy wearing a pair of black-rimmed spectacles, needed somewhere else. The red-head told Tessa to directly meet her friends at the cafeteria and waved a quick goodbye before she left. Tessa was slowly making her way to the cafeteria when she heard a loud crashing sound.

Being someone who was always curious, she made her way to where the sound came from, none other than the teacher's lounge. Peeping into the glass, she saw a guilty-looking Will and a fallen bookshelf. What the heck was he even doing there? she wondered. She quietly opened the door and walked towards him.

Will saw a decent pair of shoes approach him while he was looking at the mess he created and he cursed under his breath before looking up and straight into a pair of gray eyes. "You're the new kid," he said.

"Yeah. And you look like you're in serious trouble. What on earth happened?" Tessa stared at the mess on the floor before looking back at Will, getting lost in his deep ocean-blue eyes.

"Stalking me already, Gray?" Will smirked before replying, "and, I was supposed to retrieve a book a beast-loving teacher confiscated from me yesterday."

"Okay, let me split my questions up," Tessa said, "One, how do you know my name? Two, why did the teacher take away your book? And three, beast-loving?"

"I've got no time for your endless questions right now, I'll answer them later. Help me clean up?" Will said hastily.

Before Tessa could even agree to helping Will, Will's teacher came. "Stealing, Mr Herondale?" the teacher asked accusingly, "and what might you be doing here, Ms Gray? Helping in theft? And I thought you would be one of the better students, based on the information given by your previous teachers."

"Ma'am, I swear, things are not what they look like," Tessa tried explaining before she was rudely interrupted. "Oh yes they are, and you'll be both serving detention for 2 hours three days in a row, starting today."

As Tessa walked out of the room, she couldn't help but mutter under her breath, "What a great first day it has been." And surprisingly, Will heard her. "I'm sorry Theresa. I didn't expect to get caught," he said apologetically.

"It's okay, who expected to get caught anyway? It was my fault for intruding too. Anyway, call me Tessa, everyone does," she tried to smile but Will could read her body language. He reluctantly tore his gaze from her face to continue walking to the cafeteria, having some small talk with the girl along the way.

And what can anyone say? Theresa Gray fell for William Owen Herondale. Hard. As much as he didn't know it, Will had also slowly fallen for Tessa, maybe even harder than how she fell for him.

WESSA IS OTP ;D

WESSA IS OTP ;D