Chapter 46 - An eternity with you...

Kiss me, I'm awake

I want to fly

You are the one

I rely

~ Divi

_____________________________________________

"Wanna chase me, Pigtails? Come get me."

"I'll always get you, Ary. Always!"

"I promise to come to back you, Div..."

"You came back to me, Ary. You always do..."

"Promise me, Div..."

"I promise..."

"Promise me!"

"I Promise!"

I fell back on the bed, exhausted, the white walls closing in on me once again. There was only one thought on my mind – I promised to go back to Ary. I fought hard, searched hard to hear his voice and feel his touch. I missed his arms that fit perfectly around me. I missed his laughter, his messy brown hair, oh his adorable dimple on his left cheek, his bare feet, and the twinkle in his eyes that I hadn't seen in a while. I missed him.

I couldn't open my eyes, I tried, but they felt heavy as if they had decided to stay shut. No! No! I silently screamed. I had to get back to Ary. I had promised.

"Divya Narayan. Who's there for Divya Narayan?" Someone called my name, and my ears perked up, every sound crystal clear. I rejoiced. Now I just had to wait. I would hear his voice. I had to.

I heard footsteps running towards me and glide to a stop. "I'm here for Div. We are all here for her," his unmistakable voice, quoted with relief, poured over me, and my heart rate kicked up a notch.

"How is she? Can we meet her?" He was anxious – I could feel it in the way his questions ended with a slight hitch in his voice.

"She is as good as can be under the circumstances, Mr Diaz. Mr. Narayan, you can see your daughter now."

Dad...

"She looks pale," my dad's voice shook. He must have taken off his glasses to wipe the frame with his handkerchief.

"She'll be fine in a few days. She went into shock more than anything. Thankfully, the bullet just grazed her below the left shoulder blade. It was a close call. Your daughter is extremely lucky."

"Yes, she is," my dad sounded tired.

I wanted to ask him so many things. How was Vidhi? Was he still angry with her? I hoped not. What about Dia? Dia...such a beautiful name. My niece, I hadn't known about until now. I wanted to see her. How old was she?

Dad...

I felt sleep take me under all at once, and I gave into it, exhausted but happy.

I awoke to a familiar touch on my hand. So much warmth...it had to be Annie.

"Divi..." I heard her catch a sob in her throat; I cried tearlessly with her. "Come back...we are all here waiting for you. Aryan needs you...."

My pulse quickened at the mention of his name. Why wasn't he here? He wasn't here. I would have known if he was.

"...he hasn't spoken to anyone since...since... just come back Divi."