Gabriel Is a Liar

Almost done with season 2!!! And that also means almost done with book 1!!!!

Blair and I finally had to meet and discuss her using Carter to get back at Chuck. She avoided me for another week before I cornered her in her own home. She wouldn't look me in the eyes but eventually, I got through.

"E, I don't even know what I was thinking. I was on the high from losing all chances at Yale and Carter was there at the bar when I desperately needed someone and..." Blair couldn't stop sobbing all over me. "I know what I did was wrong and I never wanted to hurt you but..." I hand her a Kleenex.

"Blair, look at me." She wipes her eyes and stares at me all red and puffy.

"Do you hate me?" Is all she can mutter as she starts to look down. I bring her into the biggest hug I could possibly give.

"I could never hate you B. We've always been like sisters and sometimes sisters sleep with their sister's ex-boyfriends for revenge on their other ex-boyfriend." She laughed for the first time in a while.

"I should have never done that to you. I'm worse than when Serena slept with Nate."

"B, you're fine. I understand why you did it. I know you and Chuck have a complicated relationship and trust me I can understand you wanting to make him jealous. I wasn't mad that you slept with Carter."

"You weren't?" Blair grabs another Kleenex.

"No, I was worried what that bastard was going to do to you. He broke my heart and the last thing I wanted was for you to get hurt too."

"E, I was such a bitch by dangling him in front of you like that. I should have forgone my revenge on Chuck and put our friendship first and..."

"Blair, it's in the past. And I know a thing or two about being the biggest bitch to your friends when it seems like your whole world is falling apart." She nods her head.

"But your true friends are those who understand why you're lashing out and will still be there for you no matter what." We hug it out for the hundredth time.

"I don't want to make you feel bad or anything but when you came back last summer you never told me why you broke things off with Carter." I knew I needed to tell someone eventually and Blair was the best person to confine to.

"I loved Carter with all my heart. He made me happier than anyone has in my whole life. He made me realize it was okay to be different and make my own mark on the world. He made me feel free." Now it's my turn to break down.

"The last night we were in Greece we had a going away party with our friends. It was perfect until one of our friends told me that when Carter goes out with the guys he excessively flirts and chats up other girls."

"He did not! That bastard. Wait until I see him..."

"That's not the worst of it."

"How could it get any worse?"

"He got another girl pregnant."

"What? How?"

"One of my friends told me how Carter knocked up one of the girls in town. It was around when I was off working and he was supposedly doing business."

"And did you believe her?"

"Not at first but later that night I asked Carter if he knew this girl and he froze when I said her name. Carter is normally a level-headed guy but he flipped out."

"He didn't get violent towards you?"

"No, but after my pestering, he finally admitted to sleeping with her."