High Tea

I love writing about Carter and Ella. Enjoy.

Blair's hosting a tea for CeCe and I said I would make my appearance. The moment I walk in CeCe attacks me with kisses and hugs. She's always been nice to me but I know how she can be with those she doesn't like.

"Oh Ella, you've blossomed into such a beautiful young woman. Your father must be proud."

I smile the fakest one I can. "Yes, Mrs. Rhodes. So, proud that he can't even make it to the ball for five minutes." I state

"Oh, your father is always busy with his business, trying to leave a legacy for your brother and you."

I smile and nod. My heart stopped when I saw Carter from across the room. Why the hell is he here. "Excuse me, Mrs. Rhodes, do you happen to know why Carter Baizen is here?" she looks delighted to tell me.

"Carter has offered to be Serena's escort for the ball." I didn't press my luck in asking why all of the sudden Serena has changed her mind because I know it's more of her mom and CeCe changing their mind. I excuse myself and make my way to Carter and drag him to where we can talk.

"Why are you taking Serena to the ball?" I need more time to decide what I want to do with our relationship and it doesn't help when he shows up all the time.

"Sounds like someone is jealous that I'm not escorting them."

"I'm not jealous, but I am concerned about your intentions."

"Which would be?"

"Don't forget I know what you and Serena did in Santorini. Also, I thought you gave up on being trust fund kid?"

He raked his fingers through his hair and it really turns me on. Carter has always looked hot but right now he's making it hard for me to say no to him "Sometimes you have to realize you deal with what you are given in life and make the best of it. I can still use my money for my own personal needs and give it to charity."

I nod. "So yesterday when I ran into you at the tailors, you were there to pick up your suit for e ball?"

"Yeah I was and running into you was worth it." I scoff in annoyance.

"Come on, Ella. I've told you how I feel about you but you're cold as ice."

"And I told you I need more time, but here you are again showing back up in my life, but it's my fault that I don't know what I want." I yell back.

"Well let me know when you're ready to tell me but until then enjoy your dance with your unworthy escort." He walks away but not before moving his mouth close to my ear.

"And I loved the red on you. It reminded me of our time in Greece on the beach. "

__________________________________
I don't know how we all ended up around Carter just gushing about his life adventures. Well, everyone except Dan and me.

"Carter, it is such a pleasure to have you back with us. True gentlemen are a rare breed." CeCe gushes over Carter to everyone. All I can think about how I wish I had a stronger drink than tea to sip on.

"So, it is true that you're back. Blair asks and she looks to me with sympathy.

Dan wasn't following the conversation and was confused on where Carter had been. "Where, where were you?" He asks Carter who looks to me briefly before averting his eyes back to the admirers.

"Oh, where wasn't he? He disowned his parents and took off around the world." Kati said sounding like a Carter expert which had me rolling my eyes at this spectacle I've gotten myself into.

"Everyone was talking about it. Gossip Girl even had a dedicated Carter Baizen map on spotted." I know that map far too well, there were too many times Gossip Girl almost spilled my summer with Carter to everyone I know. I didn't want our relationship to be a secret, but I also didn't want others to interfere with it.

"Whoa, a map, huh?" Dan seems unamused

"In all honesty, I did go a little out of bounds. I'm just grateful my parents are giving me a second chance." I looked at him with shock. He said all through our summer that he would never go back to his parents for money that he was happy where he was. Traveling the world and making a difference.

"So, this second chance is them giving your trust fund back?" I ask taking a sip of my tea. Carter smirks at me."I thought I could live without the money but sometimes having the money can allow me to do more for the world than my short films ever did." I held my tongue to not make a scene in front of everyone.

"Carter saw the error of his wayward ways, and he rose like a phoenix from the ashes, Serena." CeCe is pimping Carter out for her granddaughter because she doesn't believe Dan is worth it.

"I mean they weren't all errors," Carter looks at me across the group and we look at each other before he goes back to talking "But..."

"Well, your mother did tell me that you got into a bit of an ahem a scrape in Dubai." Lily looks to Carter for an explanation.

I remember Dubai well, it was the first place where we finally said I love you, words that we haven't said to each other in a while. Almost makes me think it never happened.

"Oh, I love Dubai. Did you stay at the Burj Al Arab?" Blair ask

"No, I stayed on Palm Island." Carter doesn't look at me again for the rest of tea.

"I think Dubai is overrated." Serena adds

"You know what isn't, though? The, uh Prince's crown Bombardier. And I also went pheasant hunting with the sheikh." I drown out everything and try to find my escape from this torturous tea.

I try and make my escape but Carter stops me. I look anywhere but at him.

"I meant it when I said it wasn't all errors. You are far from anything but perfection." I slip out of his grasp and head to my suite.

Do you think Carter really cares for Ella?