Second Chance at Yale

I skipped the episode when Serena meets Aaron. Ella had no relevance in it and he's pretty boring so here's another chapter.

The past weeks have been a blur for me. I had to fly out for a photoshoot for Vogue and audition for spring runway shows in Europe. The last thing I needed was for more drama to occur with my friends. Chuck and Blair are not willing to say I love you to each other, Nate is basically becoming an honorary Humphrey, and Serena may have found herself a new boyfriend. All I know is I thought stressing over fittings and interviews and not falling flat on my face in the weirdest heels I've ever seen was hard, but coming home is another story. On top of applying for college and having my now triweekly meetings with Gina I now must help Blair make her last good impression for the Yale representative.

__________________________________
"My father went to Yale. And I've wanted to go there ever since I was a little girl."

"How nice. So, Serena, tell me about Karl Lagerfeld's birthday party." Wow, this lady needs a lesson in manners.

"Oh, it-it was fun, but did you know Blair's mother is a designer?" Yeah, still didn't help Blair's case.

"You know, when dean Berube suggested I meet with you, I had no idea you would be such a delight." She excuses herself to talk to her probably boring husband.

"Malchus, this is Serena van der Woodsen."

"Uh, I and my best friend Blair Waldorf and Ella Bass. Pleased to meet you." They leave the room finally giving us time to talk.

"Could she be any ruder?" I say to Serena and Blair.

"E, this is not the time for you to go ham on her." Blair warns me.

"I would never, but for someone who has such a stick up her ass, she sure is a rude bitch." I say in a hushed whisper.

"What am I doing here?" Blair asks Serena.

"Liz and her husband are both prominently Yale donors and good friends with the dean."

"Well, just like their good friend the dean, they only have eyes for you."

"Come on, B you can do this. Yale is your dream. Just stop cracking your knuckles." Serena swats at Blair's hand.

Liz returns and I hold back any eye roll, but if it happens it happens. "As lovely as this has been, I'm afraid I'm going to have to run. My husband's off to his business dinner, and before I meet my friends from Bryn Mawr, I have to order room service for my daughter." Is she unable to call for food herself?

"Oh, no. She's gonna be here all by herself all night?" Serena sounds concerned.

"Oh, Emma doesn't mind. As long as she has her Harry Potter book and a bowl of ice cream, she's happy as a clam." I couldn't help but roll my eyes, but since Liz only has her attention set on Serena I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

"Oh, no Blair will take her to a movie." Really, volunteering someone without asking. Not a good idea.

"I would take her myself, but Ella and I have something to do with our family."

"Why, Emma would love that. You sure you don't mind? Emma, dear? Come here." Wow, talking about her own daughter when she's in the other room.

Serena and I nudge Bair telling her she should say yes, this could be her last chance to get in. "Anything for the friends of dean Berube." A young girl walks in looking like a grandmother in her overly buttoned sweater and bright bubblegum pink dress.

"Yes, mother?"

"Serena's friend..." I had it with this bitch.

"Her name is Blair unless memory loss is hitting your early in this stage of life." Liz purses her lips and I can tell she is disliking me. Sorry, I don't care how important you are or think you might be. There is no reason to be intentionally rude to someone.