Ball Of A Night

Here's another chapter. Enjoy.
All Blair can talk about is the upcoming masked ball. She believes this will be the perfect time for her and Nate to sleep with each other. I'm just happy that there's finally something to take my mind off Carter. I told Serena about and she was supportive of my decision to break things off. Even with Blair worrying about surprising Nate at the masquerade ball she made time for mani and pedis to dish about what happened. She even offered to have Dorota call her Polish mob contacts to take care of him. As nice as that would sound, I wouldn't wish anyone dead. Well not literally only in imagination where I could get away with it. Carter may be a liar to me and everyone he knows but that doesn't mean I want the Polish mob to take a hit on him.

"So, Kati mentioned something about a custom-made corset, and I hear there are wigs involved?" Serena sounds overwhelmed with the ball but Blair is in heaven. It's her real-life fairytale coming to life.

"It's a masquerade, you have to conceal your identity, but I do have something special planned for Nate tonight." Blair has the biggest smile on her face.

"It's a game. It's a scavenger hunt. Nate starts the night with a clue, which leads him to the lady-in-waiting, who gives him a clue to the next lady."

"You have ladies now?" I ask and Serena looks so confused.

"If he finds me before midnight when the masks come off, he can claim his prize."

"And what's that?" Serena asks

"Seriously S, you've had more sex than the three of us and you couldn't take Blair's giant clue." We laugh it off.

"I just figured that after everything that's happened, or hasn't happened I should find some way to make it special."

"Well, that's really romantic Blair."

"Yeah, one of us should live out her fairytale ending." I chime in and the air is thick with tension.

"Look, um if you don't want me to come tonight, I totally understand. I could just..." Serena is cut off by Blair sitting up with a smile on her face.

"What? No, I want you to come. In fact, I was hoping you would be one of my ladies. Ella has already agreed to be one. I need both of my best friends there tonight to make everything special."

I raised my hand to get Blair's attention "When did I agree to become one of your ladies?"

"Right now. You're giving Nate the first clue and Serena if you would like, could you give Nate the last clue?"

"Are you sure you want me to?" Serena asks hesitantly

"Absolutely, tonight is all about starting over. I trust you and him."

"Well, then I will be honored to serve you, my queen." Serena bows to Blair and we laugh at her ridiculousness.

"Well, besides, you're bringing Dan, right?" Blair asks which causes Serena to sit up right away.

"I know him, a masked ball? Dan would never want to go to something that pretentious, where he has to wear a mask and a tux?"

"Serena, he agreed to go a date and you two kissed. Trust me he would do anything and wear anything." I joke

"E's right. He likes you. He would wear a tux and a mask and one of my mother's dresses if it meant that he could go out with you. Come on." Blair adds

I place my hand on Serena's shoulder "Wait, are you worried he already has a date? I'm pretty sure the only females he says anything to are you and Jenny."