I Don't Speak French

They sat at the airport in terminal 2 waiting for it to be announced that they can board their plane. Stiles sits nervously jolting his knee up and down whilst biting his fingernails. Carefully, Lydia puts her hand over his that are at his lips then bring both of their hands to his knee.

There were paparazzi attempting to take photos of the two, Lydia tried to get them to back off because of the emotional state that Stiles was currently in. Eventually she ended up flipping them off.

Once it was announced that their plane was ready for boarding, they each stood up from their seats. Lydia took Stiles' hand with her handbag in the other and kissed his cheek before giving him a reassuring half smile.

They dropped Prada off at Scott's house, which has now turned into Scott and Malia's house since she's always over there. Lydia told them the situation as Stiles wasn't ready to talk about it. They both understood and said that they would take Prada for as long as they needed.

"You know you'll get bad publicity for putting the middle finger up to paparazzi?" Stiles says looking the other way.

Lydia looks straight ahead, holding each of their passports and tickets. "Oh I know, but I don't care. I'll do anything to keep you alright."

He always respected that about Lydia. She tried to save everyone before herself and made sure the others were okay before stopping to even think if she was okay.

"We don't have to talk about how you're feeling until you're ready." Lydia informed him sweetly and with a caring tone. He nodded and thanked her. That's what he needed. Time.

Stiles knew that Lydia had never been to Paris, he had been a few times throughout his childhood. "You can have the window seat."

She looked at him then wrapped her arm around his torso. She gently laid her head on his chest as they stood in the line. "It'll be better for you to be at the window. You'll be able to think."

Lydia booked them into first class so that they were out of the public eye and Stiles had more peace and quiet. Once they got onto the plane they were greeted by a few young women, which he assumed were air hostesses. They gave them both a plastered on smile and took their tickets.

Stiles sat at the window and stared out of it. They would be on the plane for around eleven hours. The lights of the airport caused glare to reflect off of his teary eyes. The sky was pitch black with only a few clouds lingering overhead, it was a full moon and Stiles couldn't help but stare at it, wondering if there really is life out there.

Lydia laid a gentle hand on his knee and gripped slightly onto it. "Are you okay?" He asked her.

"This may sound a little stupid... but I'm terrified of flying." Her eyes widened as the plane started to move. Stiles placed his hand on top of hers before taking it and putting her hand to his chest.

"I'm here with you. There's nothing to be afraid of." He then wrapped his left arm around her as she craned over the bar between their seats. "We're not supposed to lift these yet, but I want to be closer to you." He lifted the bar up and she shuffled across a little to rest her head on his shoulder.

Stiles looked at Lydia once they had taken off before realising that she had already fallen asleep. He figured since she'd been pretty busy it was just a part of that so he laid his head on top of hers as sleep took over him as well.

Lydia woke up to Stiles' head on hers, her head on his shoulder and her hands sprawled across his chest. She quickly turned around and asked one of the passing flight attendants how long it would be until landing, which she was answered with six hours. Lydia didn't want to wake Stiles up so she took his phone to play games on it. She didn't have games on her phone. She wasn't going to look at his messages, she trusts him 100% and doesn't need his passwords. She figured out his phone password though, it was the day they started dating.