Building

Lydia was dreading having to film a sex scene with Stiles. It was the last episode of Witness season 1. MTV agreed to have the series renewed for another season and the first episode is being showed in two weeks. They only had two more scenes to film, the sex scene and framing scene.

She throws on the neat black dress and slips on a pair of black heels that were laid out for her. Stiles puts on the grey t-shirt, a black jacket and adidas sweatpants, along with the trainers put out for him. He could tell Lydia was feeling nervous about it so decided to spend some time with her before the scene.

"Hey." They still had to act like there was a romance brewing so as he sat down he put his arm over her shoulder. She smiled at him, they weren't exactly friends but they were learning to tolerate one another. His phone buzzes so he quickly checks it, but when he unlocks it he sees the photo of his mom that he was looking at earlier.

"She's pretty, is that your mom?" Lydia asks sweetly, gesturing towards his phone.

"Yeah. She is." He responded, rubbing her arm with his hand that's tightly wrapped around her.

"Does she live around here?"

He didn't want her pity. He didn't want to just come out and say that she was dead. She died when he was 11 due to mental deterioration from her frontotemporal dementia. Underneath his near constant sarcasm, Stiles is haunted with grief and guilt over his mother's death due to being with her when she passed away and harbors a deep rooted fear that his father blames him for it.

"Lydia... she's dead." Her eyes flick to his.

"I'm so sorry." She puts her hand gently over his.

She never wanted Stiles to feel upset. Yeah, they weren't friends but she does want him to have someone to talk to. He doesn't deserve to feel down.

"We used to play this game in the car, well I would play the game." His eyes well up as he gingerly laughs and looks down. "I would try to count to a million, no matter if it was an hours journey or a two minute one."

"And did you ever make it to a million?" She questions. She found Stiles intriguing. She knew there was more to him, you just have to get through the icy barrier to see the real Stiles Stilinski.

"No... I gave up after about 5 minutes since I would have only made it to two hundred." She gives him a half smile before he gets up. Scott stands in his path.

"Do you trust her?" He asks in a concerned voice.

Due to his fear of losing people close to him after his mom's death, Stiles is slow to trust people, being highly suspicious to the point he can be paranoid. He also tends to be more cynical and pragmatic in contrast to Scott's more passionate and idealistic views. He felt a certain trust toward Lydia though. Like she wasn't the same as the others.

"I do."

Stiles and Lydia walk through the door. She shuts it behind her and wipes her face, taking off her drenched coat.

"My parents are out of town." She informed him. He nodded and took his jacket off and hung it up on the coat hanger.

The light was dim in the wooden floored hallway, the walls were painted white with a shelf at the side. It had a photo of Brianna (Lydia), her mom (Liz Forbes) and her brother (Corey Bryant) standing on it.

Lydia sauntered into 'her bedroom' and looked about. It was kept neat, only with a few pieces of clothing scattered about.

He walked over and looked out the window. Rain was falling fast onto the ground, creating ripples out in the neighbourhood backdrop. Stiles looked to Lydia and walked over to her, placing his hands on her cheeks.