Definition of love

Ethan, are we seriously doing this?

Yes Lydia, yes we are.

But dancing? I can barely walk without falling on my face.

We're all doing this, I was just wondering if I could dance with you since me and Jackson are arguing.

Fine. Who's going?

Me, you, Jackson, Stiles-

Stiles is going?

Yes, Stiles.

And I'm not going to be dancing with him.

You promised me!

Okay, okay. Who else?

Allison, Scott, Malia, Kira and Theo. Isaac couldn't make it.

Why what's up with him?

He's doing some video with Buzzfeed, it's going to be some shit like, "Isaac Lahey plays with puppies while we ask him stupid and irrelevant questions."

Hey! I love Buzzfeed.

Honey, everyone loves Buzzfeed.

-—-

Lydia slickly pulled up at the wooden dance studio and saw everyone else's cars in the parking lot. She had to stop to get her caffeine fix. The whole way to the studio she thought to herself, "is there such thing as a caffeine-aholic?"

The studio was nicely lit with bright brown wood walls, a mirror stretching from corner to corner on the back wall with a wooden beam stretching down the wall opposite to it. Light shone through the high up windows to her left, and underneath were a couple benches with no backs on them. Everyone had dumped all of their stuff on top of them.

"Remind me why we're doing this?" Stiles asked and folded his arms, looking to Ethan for an answer.

Ethan simply rolled his eyes and answered him for the millionth time. "We're doing this because it relieves stress which we have probably had a build up of with all the filming and events."

Everyone agreed with his reason as they all knew that there had been some stress with all of the requirements and responsibilities following their new TV programme.

Stiles had probably had the biggest build up of stress with his filming of Witness and The Death Cure. He was now also perhaps going to get a part in American Assassin as Mitch Rapp.

Stiles knew that Lydia would be dancing with Ethan, so he held his hand out for Allison to take instead. She politely took it and gave him a sweet smile before attaching her hand to his broad shoulder.

Lydia had to admit that she felt a little jealous that Stiles was dancing with Allison and not her, but they weren't a thing. Besides, they were all  adults and she would not let jealousy get in the way of them having a good time.

After them having danced a little, with most of them just falling over each other and laughing at the others for it they decided to take a break. Lydia took the bottle of water out of her Nike drawstring bag. She saw Stiles walking over and smiled at him in his grey sweatpants and white shirt. It seemed like he could wear anything and look amazing.

"Hey, my favourite red head." He teased and wrapped his arm loosely around her small waist.

She leaned into him so that her head was resting on his chest and muffled into his shirt, "it's still strawberry blonde."

"My bad." He smirked down at her and rubbed her back. She studied his face, joining the dots between all of his freckles and moles to perhaps see if it would make a constellation. As she was looking she realised that he deserves more than just a constellation and that if she could, she would give him the whole universe.

She planted a gentle kiss on his lips and then again wrapped her arm around his torso. "Should we tell them?" She asked him.

"Tell them what?" He yet again looked back down at her, having to crane his neck to get to her height.

"That me and you weren't really dating." He was clearly thinking about it but then decided on his answer.

"I don't think we should say anything until we really know what this is." He used his thumb to brush the stray strawberry blonde ringlets that escaped from being tucked behind her ear.

Their moment was interrupted by Scott saying, "hey Stiles, remember when we used to dance?"

He laughed at the memory of them standing in his garage thinking that they could dance. "Sadly." He answered him.

"I remember when you would sing." Stiles' eyes opened wide as Scott covered his mouth from what he just spilled to them all.

"Can I hear?" They all said in unison which caused Stiles to look at his shoes, embarrassed and turning red.

"I don't like singing in front of people..." he trailed off as he started thinking about why he hates it so much.

When Stiles was 15, he had a crush on the hottest girl in school, Lindsay Davis. He had finally worked up the courage to ask her so he went over to his house and threw a rock at her window with his guitar in the other hand. He remembered the exact time his heart broke for the second time, the first being when his mom passed away. It was 10:42pm.

She opened the window in her shorts and t-shirt with a curious look on her face. He didn't say anything but just cleared his throat and tried to get his clammy hands around the guitar neck. He sang In My Veins by Andrew Belle to her only to be flatly rejected. She scoffed and closed the window on him, she literally closed the window but also closed the window of opportunities he had for his singing and to get her as his girlfriend.

"Hey, it's okay." Lydia snapped him out of his daydream by rubbing his arm. She smiled up at him. That smile made him weak to his knees, he couldn't help but stare at her every single time he caught a glimpse of any part of the beautiful, green eyed, five foot three, strawberry blonde that he would hopefully be able to call his girlfriend.

That's what love is, it's not about sex, money or just being attracted to their physical appearance. It's about to be able to confide in your significant other, no matter if they're a boy or girl. It's about having a built friendship under the love you both share and being able to return to that at points. It's about belong able to look at the other, see everything you've wanted, want and will always want.

////

Once they got back Lydia switched on the TV and almost sat down before Stiles gently held her arm to get her to stay standing.

"I don't quite know how to tell you... well, you already know but I wanted to really tell you this face to face. I love you, Lydia. I have since I was able to open up to you about my mom. I was wanting to ask if you felt the same way about me... and wanted to be my girlfriend?" He held onto her hands and looked her straight in her perfect green eyes.

A wide grin grew on her face. She grabbed onto the back of his neck and pulled her lips to hers. When they parted she whispered, "I love you, Stiles, and I would also love to be your girlfriend. Through the sunshine and rainstorms, it's me and you. Us."