Beauty and the blade

Start from the beginning

"Guys, I've got to go before Mik comes back and finds me on his phone. He doesn't know that I've been in contact with you all these years, and I'd like to keep it that way."

She paused, then took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Lil, when this is all over and our lives are back to being somewhat normal, I look forward to our kids meeting each other."

I smiled, "Yeah, I'd like that too."

"I love both you crazy bitches," she said before ending the call, leaving Kins and me.

Kinsley's sighed too, "I've got to get going too, my shift starts in a few minutes and I can't be late again this week."

I felt tears come to my eyes, I missed my friends, I missed the way we used to be. However, I knew that it was all for the best and the only thing that kept me from falling apart, is knowing that we'd one day see each other again.

"Yeah, go, I wouldn't want you to be late. And um... say hi to Jason for me."

She was quiet on the other end of the phone. I knew that I was making her feel guilty, but I didn't care. After all the years we've been talking, I still couldn't believe that she never told me about her and Jason.

"Look, Lilly," she finally spoke, "I'm sorry I never told you, I swear I wanted to, but I was scared you might not approve."

"Why the f**k wouldn't I approve? It's your life Kinsley, I just thought that we were sisters. I've told you almost everything about my life, I've shared secrets and pain with you, I just thought you'd have trusted me enough to do the same, but I guess I was wrong."

She sucked in a breath, I could tell that my words were hurting her. I wanted to make excuses for her action, but I kept thing about how her actions hurt me.

"I'm so sorry Lilly, I should have told you about Jason and I should have told you that Killian was alive."

Hearing her mentioning yet another secret that she kept from me, made me angry and hella mad.

"Yes, you should have! It was not your right to keep me in the dark, you knew how much I loved him, you knew the pain I felt thinking he was dead! My daughter... his daughter grew up without her dad, she thinks he's dead! Now tell me, Kinsley, how am I going to tell her that he's alive and coming for her? How am I going to tell her that her dad probably wants to kill Noah, the only father she has ever known?"

When she spoke, her voice shook like she was crying and it took everything in me not to feel sympathy for her.

"Oh my god, Lilly, I f**ked up big time, I'm really sorry. It's just... we weren't sure that he was going to make it and I thought about telling you, but I knew that it would have torn you apart if you had to watch him die all over again. However, by the time he pulled through fully, you were in a good place and I didn't want to upset that, so, when Killian finally remembered you..."

I gasped, "He forgot me." I whispered softly to myself.

"...I had no choice but to stick to our plan and tell him that Natasha killed you."

My voice rose as I spoke, "What the f**k, Kinsley, you told him that I was dead! So, let me get this straight, my psycho husband is out there somewhere thinking that I left him to die, and tried to fake my death so that he couldn't find me?"

She tried to say something but I cut her off, I was too pissed off to say anything nice to her, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship any more than it already was.

"Look, Kinsley, I've got to go... I've um, I've got... I um, I've just got to go."

I didn't wait to hear her apologise again, I just hang the phone up and banged it down on the table. Running my hand through the wig I wear out in public, I sighed. I wanted to hate her for what she did, but I couldn't because I knew that in her own messed up way, she was just doing what she thought was best.