Ch 18

It didn't take long for Omni to settle in, in fact he became close friends with Donnie but then Omni always did have a strong affinity for earth magic. When he met Mikey the first time he gave my claimed the whole third degree as any family member does. I finally had to make Omni stop because Mikey was becoming confused. Now though they were decent friends. "You know papa will want you to come back. There is no one else he is willing to entrust the kingdom to." Omni said one night as we practiced as the turtles were out on patrol. "I know but what about Mikey and his duty here. I can't just leave him." I said with a sigh. "I understand how hard it is to choose. I am putting off my own claim because the kingdom needed me more. Alanna got away with it as everyone knew her claim before even she did." Omni said playing with some stones and making them form into a pretty girl that I recalled from around the castle. "You don't have to do that Omni. Besides what if papa chooses you over Alanna? Wouldn't it be better to tell the girl before being thrust into being in line for the throne?" I said playing with a bit of fire letting it dance on a light breeze. "I suppose so. This is why we need you irene. You always know just how to help others. You know ingfred was going to ask you to be his that night. You two always had a special connection. Why did you choose Mikey?" He asked suddenly. "Ingfred is just a friend Omni. always has been. And both Mikey and ingfred have similarities to each other. I know that with Mikey being a turtle humanoid there is a chance I may not have an heir. But there is this spark with Mikey I never got with ingfred. And the claim butterfly just appeared one day even though my magic was still weak." I said stopping the playful dancing of the flame. "What if papa demands you and your claim return?" Omni asked after a few moments. "He is papa would he demand anything from us? I of course would listen to his counsel and that of splinters before talking to Mikey." I said in reply.