Chapter 7 - My Protector

Start from the beginning

I drop my gaze away from the door and look at the floor. Because as she silently awaits for my reply, I bite my tongue, not wanting to say what I truly want to say. That is when I place my hand on top of hers. I hold her hand within my for a moment. I take in a deep breath and slowly breathe out.

"Sana!" I call her name. "Mina, this isn't the time to be thinking about ourselves. Our friend is out there and she could need our help."

Suddenly, Sana slides her hands back down my chest and slowly backs away from me. "If you do anything to make me worry, I'll be chewing your ears of when you come back.... Okay." Sana playfully laughs.

========================

SANA POV

Jungkook, without a hesitation, quickly takes off after Mina. Not even giving me a second glance.

MEMORY

We had just left Jimin and Mina's house, and me and Jungkook were catching a cab home together. Jungkook was completely wasted after having one to many shots of Soju. It was actually quite refreshing, knowing that there is someone else other than me, that has a very, very low tolerance when it comes to alcohol.

After 17 minutes or so. Yes I was keeping track of the time, because it honestly felt like the longest, yet surprisingly funniest 17 minutes of my life. Which is totally bazar. I mean, being alone, in a small confined space, with the cab driver who is a complete stranger and Jungkook, who before this night was just someone I knew of in passing. But now as we arrive back at the dorm that I share with the other girls that are a part of Twice.

"That will be $12.64, thank you ma'am." The Cab drive says.

I quickly rummage through my hand back, and pull ou wallet. As I am opening my wallet, Jungkook unexpectedly grabs my forearm. Completely catching me of guard. Making me drop my wallet, on the floor of the cab.

"S-Sana. Areeee -ou goin too...leave me now?" Jungkook slurs, as he chuckles.

I quickly bend down and pick up my wallet. "Yes. But don't worry, I paid for my half of the fare okay." I spoke clearly and slowly so he understood. He just nodded his head, with every word I said.

"Ahhh, Ea.... Yeah..... Okay." As he does the OK sign with his hand.

I just laughed, as his drunken side, is quite adorable. "Okay, get home safe." I say, hopping out of the cab. But as I'm about to shut the cab door. Jungkook puts out his hand, stopping me from shutting it fully. I open the door again. "Jun-" But I pause. As I see him laying all over the back seat of the cab, half conscience.

I lean down beside him. "Jungkook, you are holding the driver up." I whisper, trying to push his hand back inside, so I can shut the door once again. But as I am about to grab his hand, he grabs ahold of mine first.

Taking me completely by surprise. I was shocked, I could feel my cheeks burning up and my heart skip a beat. I looked down at his face and that was when I noticed his mouth moving. I couldn't hear exactly what he was mumbling, so I leaned down a little closer.

"Wh...y -id you -ave to be with him." Jungkook, speaking utter gibberish. That when I slowly unlaced his fingers from my wrist. "Go home and sleep it off okay." I giggled, as I put his hand securely in the cab.

He smiled a half smile and nodded. "I love you.....Mina."  My eyes widen.

END MEMORY

=============================

MINA POV

'I love you. Mina' The words that spill from his mouth, makes my heart react in a way, that is foreign to me. Even though I said I wouldn't allow myself to be swayed and pulled into his pace, I feel my heart eagerly wanting to betray me. I feel all my strength been drawn out of me, my body, slowly wanting to be fully immersed into his embrace.