~Chapter 34~

Brett's P.O.V

A baby? Mel's pregnant? What? She can't be. It's not fair. How can I go into battle with my father knowing that my love is pregnant with my child? That my baby might grow up without a father? I thought. I let the hot water in the shower run down my back as I pressed my palms to the shower wall. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. I turned off the shower and put on my sweatpants. I walked out to my room to see Kevin standing in the doorway. I look at him.

"I knocked but you didn't reply." He said quietly. I nodded.

"I was in the shower."

"I see that." He gives me an apologetic look. I walk over to my closet.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's just that I couldn't help but overhear your argument with Mel." I grab my shirt and walk to my bed. I look at him.

"So?" He takes a step in.

"Are you sure you want to go into battle after knowing she's pregnant?" I take a deep breath and look down.

"I don't have a choice Kevin. My only option is either ignore my father until he finally gets an army bigger than mine to take me down while using my family to mentally break me down or kill before he has a chance."

"But you probably won't be walking out of this battle alive Brett. Your kid deserves a father." I look at him.

"You don't think I know this? I would kill to have a normal family. To raise my son to know how to treat a lady or how to shave. Or kick any guy's ass that tried to date my daughter. I want things that can never happen. We have one chance to catch my father off guard and that is tonight. After that we have nothing. I can't risk Mel's life or my baby's life anymore than I already am." He nods.

"What are you planning on doing?" I slip on my shirt and look at him.

"Going to the warehouse and talking to somebody. I know someone who loves her almost as much as I do and will protect her at any costs." I said. 

Melody's P.O.V

I show up at the house ignoring Tammy's calls and run to my room. How can he just be so selfish? How can he force me to be in his life then force me to leave it? A knock came from my bedroom door 2 hours later and I looked at the door. "Go away!" I yelled. But the person didn't listen, instead they walked right in. "Get out!" I said looking at him. He held his hands up in the air in surrender.

"I just came to talk." He said. I turn my head as a tear slips out. I balled up my fist. He rushed over to me as I was ready to punch something. He stood in front of me and the wall. He held my wrists so I couldn't lift up my hands. "Please don't." I stared into his eyes and wanted to cry. But then I remembered something. I attempted to take a step back.

"He sent you here. Didn't he?" I asked. He took a deep breath. I pulled my hands away from him and went into the corner afraid to be by him. I wrapped my arms around my body and let more tears out as I stared out the window.

"He came to me just before going off to face his father.." I snapped my head in his direction.

"What?" I breathed.

"He went to face his father. The only way his father is going down is if they both go down." Dean said as he ran his hands over his face. "You know I hated him because he got everything I wanted but then he came to me telling me to keep you safe and love you more than he ever could. I realized I was about to lose a friend." He said. Tears ran down my eyes and I realized the last thing I said to him was, I hated him. I got up and reached for my phone and dialed his number. My heart dropped as it went to voicemail and I cried.

"Brett, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I love you more than anything in the world please know that. I wish things were different so we can raise this child together and I understand what you did was for the best. I could never hate you. I am so fucking stupid to ever say that. Please don't let that be the last thing I said to you." I said. I cried so much I couldn't stop.