~Chapter 22~

2 Weeks later

So I start school in 2 months and Brett still hasn't let me go back to Tammy's house. I tried to tell him that dad only allowed me to finish school here if I stayed with them but he said he didn't care. Before dad left him repeatedly said for me to stay away from Brett. I'm stuck in between what to do and what not to do.

"Mel." I heard I looked at the bedroom door which was open. Dean walked in the room. I was currently writing in my journal but I guess I'm not now. I shut my book and placed it under my pillow.

"What do you want?" I asked. He didn't seem like himself. He takes a deep breath and tucks his hands in his pockets.

"Can I talk to you? Friend to friend?" He asked. I sat up and nodded. "A couple weeks ago a man came up to me, said if I go with him everything I could ever dream of will be at the palm of my hands. Well, now I don't want that. I have everything I want here. I need help." He said. My mind raced to when Kevin said something about a rat.

"You're the rat?" I asked, jumping up from my seat. He reaches out his hands as if he were trying to calm me down.

"I won't hurt you I promise. I just need your help. I'm trying to get rid of them but they said the only way out is death." He said. I started to think. I gripped my phone that was in my hand. I am debating on where or not I should help him or call Brett. I sigh.

"When is your next meeting?" I asked.

"Tonight, why?" He asked.

"Take me with you." I asked. He let out a dry laugh.

"That is not going to happen. Mel your what they want if they see you they will kill me on the spot." He said. I smile.

"Trust me on this one." I said.

An hour later

"Dean, my man what have you brought for us?" A man asked, approaching Dean. I held my camera up and pushed the record button.

"I don't want to be in your stupid scheme." He said.

"Well, you know the penalty is death?" He said, raising his gun to his face. My body began to shake. I didn't want to watch another person die.

"Yes, and you see the problem is if you do that, the cops that are wired to this wire right here." He opened his shirt. While we were in the car I had to put a fake wire to his chest and believe me when I say it was difficult because I had to mentally remind myself of Brett everytime my hand creased his abs. "They will know your exact location. And your faces along with your enemies knowing your secrets from the camera's I had set up the very first day I got here." He said. My plan was to scare them into believing it enough to get him out of it.

"Alright say I did believe this. What do you get out of it?" The man asked. Dean shrugged.

"Simple, a clean break. I get to live and your secrets stay your business. Sounds fair to me." Dean said. The guy lets out a dry laugh.

"You really expect us to believe you won't tell our enemies our secrets?" He asked. Another guy lets out a dry laugh.

"He was a new recruit. He didn't know anything anyway. Let him leave. He's useless to us anyway. Brett is already protecting Mel. We can't get anywhere near her right now until Brett lets his guard down." The other guys sighs.

"Fine, you're free to go. If I find out our enemies know about our secrets I will personally drag a knife through your throat." He said.