~Chapter 11~

As I opened my eyes and reached for my phone I sighed. The conversation with my father last night left me in the best mood ever. "Hello?" I said.

"Brett! Where are you?" Melody asked. I sat right up. A grin appeared on my face.

"Good morning beautiful. Why? You want to see me in the morning?" I joked.

"It's about your father!" She said. I'm beginning to lose my patience with this guy. I jumped out of bed and slipped on some sweats.

"I'm at my place but meet me at the warehouse and I'll pick you up. I'll be there in two minutes." I said cutting the line. I threw on a shirt and my shoes and walked out.

"Boss? Where are you going at 5 in the morning?" Kevin asked.

"My father is going against what I said so I have to get my girl then give him a piece of my mind." I said. I get into my car. I speeded through traffic and was at the warehouse in 2 minutes. When I got there Melody was sitting down. She looked up at me and turned. She had a black eye and I have a feeling it wasn't an accident. "Mel." I said as I threw my door open and ran up to her. She looked at me. "Who did that to you?"

"A drunk did, can we go?" She asked. She started walking to my car but I grabbed her arm and then lightly grabbed her slightly bruised cheek. I searched her face and then noticed a cut on her lip. "It's as bad as it looks." She says. I touched her waist and she winched. I lifted her shirt enough to see a big black and blue bruise. Her eyes met mine and I closed my eyes for a second and moved away from her to the building. I punched the wall 6 times.

"Fuck." I yelled. Her hand went flat on my back and I calmed. I turned to her and grabbed her not hurt side and pulled her close. "Tell me who did this to you." Her eyes went to the ground. I tilted her chin so she would look at me.

"A man came up to me when I went for a run. He was drunk and tried to rip my shirt off but I punched him but it only angered him. He then placed bruises to my body and then some guy came and ripped him off me. I ran here after I called you." She said. I gave her a slightly confused look.

"Wait you called and said it had something to do with my father?" I said.

"The man who did this was the same guy who I saw with him the day I took a picture of you. The guy who opened the door for you when you got out of the limbo." She said.