~Chapter 32~

3 months later. 

I look out the window at the pool and sigh. Weeks have passed and I have not seen Brett. He dropped me and Creek off at Tammy's house then left. No goodbye no kiss. He hasn't texted or called. He hasn't even tried to check up on me. To be honest it's like nothing happened. Like Brett never existed. Besides the fact that Creek asks if he has called almost everyday. It's like Brett got what he wanted and ditched me. I was feeling more used than I did with Bobby. Because I trusted Brett enough to tell him the darkest parts of me and despite it all he still left.

I look down at my lap and put my book Red Moon Rising down. I reach for my phone. Just like the last time I checked. No new messages or calls. I take a deep breath and dropped it on my bed. I walked over to my closet and grabbed out a cream color dress. I stripped out of my clothes and walked to my bathroom to start the shower. I stepped in after it was the right temperature. After 20 minutes I stepped out and wrapped a towel around me. I made sure it wouldn't fall if I didn't hold it and walked into my room. I grabbed my dress and tied the towel in my hair. I sipped into the dress and strapped it on correctly. The dress was short up to my thighs and tight around my chest. It flared around my waist and I smiled.

"You look beautiful." I heard. I looked up. I gulp.

"Thanks." I breathed. My eyes stayed locked onto his. He took a step towards me and I took one back. He takes a deep breath and nods. I look away from his gaze and hug myself. "Mel I-."

"I have somewhere to be." I said. He went to wrap his arms around me but I moved back. I missed him but I can't think straight when he touches me. "Like I said. I have somewhere I have to be." I spoke up looking away. I grabbed a pair of leggings that are thin and have holes and slipped them on.

"Mel?" He whispered. I looked up at him. I stared into his eyes and I was in his cage. He had already won.

"Mel, you ready to goooo-" Creek said walking into my room. I turn to look at him. "Do you want me to give you a minute?" I looked down my hands.

"No actually I'm ready." I said. I grabbed my black ankle boots and slid them on. I grabbed my purse.

"Hey, Brett, do you want to come? It's just some of the guys from school." Creek said. I gave him an 'are you kidding me' look.

"No can't." He said. I looked at him.

"Why? Oh right your work is the most important thing to you." I said. I promised myself I wasn't gonna do this but I knew I was go to. He let out a soft sigh.

"Mel-." I shake my head.

"Did you lose your phone? Or did you get kidnapped?" I continued. I had started and I planned to finish. "Seriously? No call, no message, or a surprise visit." I said. He kept a straight face on but I read his eyes. He was hurting watching me like this but he was too afraid to show emotion.

"I'm sorry Mel." I shake my head.

"I thought you were dead." I said with a tear sliding down my cheek.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Tammy said walking into my bedroom. I swiped it away and turned to her to pull off a fake smile.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I crooked. I walked around her to get out of the bedroom and walked outside. I let out a few more tears and turned to the cement wall. I raised my hand and punched it. I kneeled down and cried.

"Mel!" I heard Dean yell. He ran over to me and went to place his hand on my shoulder. I stand up straight and move away from him.

"Don't touch me." I said. His eyes moved to my knuckles.

"You're bleeding." He said.

"I don't care." I said, turning around. Zack's car pulls up and I walk up to him as he gets out. He looks at me worried.

"Mel? Why are you crying?" He asked. The house door opened and Brett and Creek came out. His eyes glance from them to me. "Are you ok?" I nodded. I wiped my tears and hid my knuckle under my arm.

"Creek we got to go." I said. Brett walked up to me.

"Change of plans." He said, picking me up and putting me over his shoulder and placing me in the back of his car.