~Chapter 2~

"Wow, and they're coming over for dinner?" Creek, my best friend from Florida said. It's been 3 hours since we got back to the house and Ron said Michael was gonna stop by for dinner and then said that later the adults are going to get drinks so I'm left with his son. Dad had made it very clear if I didn't behave while they were gone he would take me back home in an instant.

"Yeah, I was surprised," I said. Creek smiled as he walked around causing his camera view to move with every step.

"Hey, now's your chance to get that project you've been wanting to do started." He said. I looked up with a sigh.

"I was just going to get to know Michael a little bit before I asked him but I mean I can ask. It couldn't hurt." I said. A knock came from the door and Tammy came in. I look up from the computer screen and look at her. She smiles.

"Hey, sweetheart, the guests should be arriving any minute so tell Creek you'll talk to him later." She said. I look at him and he frowns.

"Talk to you later jelly bean. Bye Aunt Tammy," He said. She smiles.

"Bye Creek." I look at him and blow him a kiss.

"Talk to you later." He catches it and ends the video call. I shut my computer and stand up. I follow Tammy out of the room and out to the kitchen.

"Oh, here she is. Melody, say hi to Michael and his son Brett." Ron said. I smiled when Michael looked at me. He held out his hand and I gladly took it. He brings mine to his lips and kisses it ever so gentle. I give him a soft smile.

"It's lovely to meet you, dear." He said.

"It is lovely to meet you as well." I looked at Brett who was looking away from us with a bored expression. He looked at his son.

"What did we talk about, boy?" Michael said. Brett's eyes flickered to mine and I felt my heart flutter. His eyes held a bit of surprise to them as he looked me up and down.

"It's fine he doesn't have to say anything I was just interested in meeting you. I guess meeting your son is a perk." I said. Michael looked at me then smiled.

"Timothy, you have a good one here," Michael said to dad. I looked at Dad and saw him smiling at me.

"I definitely do." I smile and he looks back at Michael. "I will gladly brag about her some more over dinner. Tammy has been working her tail off in the kitchen trying to dinner get ready. And it smells amazing." I nod as the smell of the food invaded my senses. I let them walk before me and I went to turn but I couldn't help but catch Brett's eyes as his father walked into the kitchen with Ron and dad. Brett takes a step in front of me causing me to stop.

"I saw you earlier," Brett says. I tilt my head as I look at him.

"You aren't wrong," I said. His eyes watched me Dangerously.

"You took a picture of me." He stated. I looked down and hummed.

"Yes, well I wasn't aiming for you but you were in the way," I said. He moved closer to me and moved his face so that his mouth was by my ear.

"Well, I don't care. That picture needs to come back to me." I looked at him. He was really starting to piss me off. He smirks.

"I'm gonna go eat," I said. I walked around him to get into the kitchen where Tammy was setting out plates.

"Oh, Tammy everything smells amazing. Olivia will be here in 20 minutes she was stuck in the office." Michael said. I sat next to dad and Brett sat next to me. I rolled my eyes when he looked at me.