There was a loud growl from Hudson and my eyes widened in horror. 

There were four creatures closing in on us.

My fingers clenched the bat tightly as my eyes strained to see what the creatures looked like, but it was hard to in the dim lighting. 

Suddenly, the creature facing me lunged forward with a loud hiss that made my heart skip a beat. It rushed forward just as the other three did and Hudson immediately tackled one to the ground.

 It took me a few seconds to realize that they were wolves, rogues to be exact, but their scent threw me off. It was like they lost their scent and got a different one custom made.

I swung the bat just as the rogue went for my neck and slammed it right against its throat in the hopes that it would slow him down. However, the rogue's neck snapped in half, the head rolling away slightly.

What the fuck was going on? It shouldn't be that easy to break a wolf's neck. 

I didn't have to time to reflect some more on this because another rogue attacked me from behind. I fell to the ground just as the rogue ripped into my jacket and shirt. 

 However, just as fast the rogue got on top of me, it was ripped off of me in a matter of seconds. Hudson's wolf roared and bared his teeth at the rogue that just hissed.  

Why was the rogue hissing? I didn't even know that was possible in wolf form.

I grabbed my bat that had fallen and swung it at another wolf that was trying to attack Hudson from behind. He stumbled back by the force of my hit, and I took his moment of weakness as the chance to swing at his head.

There was a loud noise of bones breaking as he fell on his side, dead.

It was like their bones were made of marshmallows. 

There were a few loud growls coming from behind me so I spun around to see Hudson fighting the last two rogues with ease. He had managed to get some really good wounds on the rogues. I was about to jump in when he tore through the throat of one rogue and ripped the ear off the other. 

In a matter of seconds, he killed the other rogue by digging his fangs into its neck. 

Hudson shifted back to his human form and stared at the rogues with disgust and curiosity. I noticed he had a large cut near his hip bone that was partly covered by his large forearm. I moved towards him and pulled his arm away so I could see the cut better.

"What are you doing?" He asked lowly, his voice rough from all the growling and fighting. I studied the cut and cringed at how deep it was. Thankfully, that was the only bad wound he had, the rest were small scratches. I let my fangs out and bit my palm, letting my blood gush from the small cut I made.

I took my palm and swiped it over his gash, watching my blood surround the broken skin and glow. 

"What the fuck?" Hudson exclaimed, watching his skin heal slowly as if the wound was never there. He grabbed my hand and glared at the little cut I made. His eyes widened at the dried gold colored blood on my palm. 

I shuffled uncomfortably as he looked back and forth between my face and my palm.

"The witches were talking about your blood. The golden blood," he said in disbelief. I nodded cautiously, praying that he wouldn't get mad and go on a rampage. He pursed his lips and sighed, "We'll talk about this later. But first,"

He startled me by licking the palm of my hand gently. The stinging in my hand disappeared as he continued to flick his tongue over my cut. I stared at him in shock when he let go of my hand and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "I guess no one told you that mates could heal each other."

I had no idea. I had never really questioned why some mates licked each other's cuts and bruises, but it made more sense now. I had just assumed it was a form of affection, which it kind of was since they obviously had to care enough to lick their mate's wounds.

Hudson turned back to the rogues and kicked one of the bodies, "You should mind-link your father and tell him about the rogues. We need to have their blood examined to figure out why they were so weak and why they smelled differently. They might have been injected with something." 

I let out a breath and started mind-linking my dad. 

Dad, we have a problem. There were four rogues just outside the perimeter and they have a peculiar scent. They don't smell like wolves at all and they were really weak.

It took him a few seconds to respond, Alright Alexis, I'll be there in a moment.

"He's coming," I muttered and Hudson nodded, lightly kicking the dirt with his feet. I sensed that something was bothering him from his tense posture and it wasn't the rogues. I opened my mouth to question him when he whipped around and reached over to grab me. 

A gasp left my mouth as his hands gripped my waist tightly and tugged me until I was completely pressed against him. 

We fit together like a pair of puzzle pieces.

He pursed his lips with an indecipherable expression on his face and leaned over to place his nose in the crook of my neck. I shivered as he sniffed my skin like he was trying to calm himself down. My breathing became erratic and my pulse skyrocketed at the feeling of his skin against mine. I felt a wave of desire wash over me when he nuzzled my neck and pressed his lips on my pulse lightly.

"Sorry," he whispered, his warm breath tickling the fine hairs near my ear, "I didn't mean to startle you. My wolf was about to go off and I couldn't calm him down."

 He pulled away carefully and stepped back. His lips twitched at my stunned face. 

I didn't know what to feel. Happy? Disgusted? Angry? I had no idea. This was all too fast for me to comprehend.

All I knew was that his touch set my nerves on fire and I wanted more, which was dangerous considering he hadn't accepted me yet. 

"Alexis. Alpha Hudson." 

I turned around at the sound of my dad's voice and faced the small group of wolves approaching us. 

"What is that smell?" Beta Mitchell asked in disgust, covering his nose with his hand.

My dad frowned and sniffed the air, "Charles."

One of the older pack warriors stepped forward, "Alpha."

"Does this smell familiar to you?"

Charles sniffed the air again and closed his eyes as if he was hunting for a memory. When he opened them, he seemed worried and disgusted at the same time.

"Alpha, the scent belongs to the griffins."

*Cue dramatic music* What do you guys think about griffins? Probably one of my favorite mythical creatures besides unicorns, centaurs, and of course, werewolves. And what do you guys think about Hudson and Alexis's little moment there? Cute or not cute?

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*