Marked Of the Undead chapter 3

Start from the beginning

I was now in element class, sitting down on my desk, I twisted my finger around several strands of my long straight black hair thoughtfully as I stared down at the awfully strange test paper on my table, was it me or did this paper look like a bunch of numerals written on it….unfortunately it was just me.

“Everyone this is Ariana Joans. She is just joining us today so make her feel at home,” the old crumpled man who looked like he hasn’t shaved in ages, introduced me for the second time today.

“Hi,” I said absentmindedly as I was still trying to figure out what was on the paper.

“Oh Miss Joans, you don’t need to bother with that,” he grinned obviously noticing the way I was staring at it.

“Thank GOD,” I sighed totally relieved, “I think I would have gotten lower than an F”.

He smiled at me then continued talking. “As you all know, this would be my last day with you….so do any of you want to tell me any last thing before I go,” he asked a little too hopeful.

We will surely miss you Mr. Robbins, a boy with spiky red hair smirked, spitting sarcasm, making everyone laugh.

His face turned red and he was just about to make a comment when the door swung open and the man I presumed was our headmaster strolled in with a huge smile on his face.

“Class…Mr. Robbins” the name was said with a certain level of animosity.

“Come, Mr. Shane, let me introduce you to your class” our headmaster; Mr. Williams was waving his hand widely towards the door.

“A synchronized sign rose into the air from every female mouth in the room. Okay so I look at hot guys in magazines and stuff but this guy was drop dead cute. He had well defined nose, perfect lips just full enough to make me want to caress it with my lips, sandy brown hair and the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen.

He half smiled at Mr. Robbins revealing dimples that made him even more tempting. He reached out a hand to shake Mr. Robbins making his biceps contract and flex slightly under the V-neck white shirt he was wearing.

Eye candy. 

“Class” Mr. Shane was looking around apparently for the first time noticing that most of the students were not seated.

“Please be seated”

Everyone hustled back to their desk and I sank further in my chair. 

“As you are all aware Mr. Robbins is leaving us.” I didn’t even know when my fingers went to my mouth and whistled loud enough. I could feel all eyes turn to me with shocked expressions probably thinking I was the shy, quiet girl before everyone started to applause too.

That seemed to catch the new guy’s attention because he stared over to me and our eyes locked. A knot formed in my stomach and I hurriedly looked away.

Mr. Robbins looked over to me and scowled, what he thought I would actually prefer him to the hot specimen standing in front of us. He turned his attention back to the headmaster and they both strolled out of the class.

“I’m Avan Shane and toda-

“Nice name Avan” I interrupted smirking. 

“Call me Mr. Shane not Avan” he replied. “Today we are going to treat water and ice, I’m guessing you all know your element?” he asked continuing his previous conversation.

I shot my hand up immediately, “I don’t”

“No worries, it’s pretty simple” he said walking over to my sit. “Spread your hands like this,” he showed me spreading his hands in front of him. “Okay,” I said copying the same movement.

He put his hand on my forehead closing his eyes. Closing my eyes also, a feeling suddenly came over me like I had a special bond with nature or something; almost the same one I got when Marcus touched me but no this was more overwhelming.

I heard gasp around the class and I looked down to my hand. A huge fire ball, one small rotating water ball and a very tiny rock stood near each other. I gave out a startled sound, and was about to move but he put his hand on my shoulder forcing me down. He put more pressure on my head, I winced, and my breathing becoming fast and shallow as the feeling became too overwhelming to bear.

A sudden gush of wind flooded into the class, making the windows flap like in the horror movies I watch. I looked around getting agitated and surprisingly the students didn’t seem fazed by the wind instead their eyes were glued to my hand.

“Mr. Shane” I called nervous. He didn’t answer and looked just as shocked as every other person in the class.

“Avan!” I shouted getting irritated with the whole drama. Wasn’t it normal for them to see magic, it was a magic school after all.

He released his hand. “This hasn’t happened for a long time”

“What hasn’t?”

“You. You can control the four elements” more gasp went around the class. I rolled my eyes still not understanding what the fuse was all about.

“So? Isn’t that normal?”

“No, the last good person we know that could control it died sixteen years ago,” he explained returning to his normal state..

“My mother” I whispered as Marcus had said my mother had died sixteen years ago leaving me the mark.

“What?”

“Isabella Duan was the last person to control it right?”

He looked at me shocked again. “Yes, I didn’t realize you were her daughter” he told me. More annoying gasp that was starting to get on my nerve went round the class again.

“Incredible!” I spitted sarcasm. Great now I was going to be the weird girl.

After all the whispers and stares directed to me, Avan went back to teaching. He had explained earlier to me that fire was my major element so I could sit out through the lesson.

Avan’s lesson was really nice, although he spoke with authority, he had a really smooth voice that could pull you in immediately, he rarely smiles and had some kind of mysterious aura about him.

I ignored the stares and leaned back to my chair thinking about how fast my life had changed, one minute I was this normal high school girl and the next I was this supernatural four elemental girl…

The bell rang making me jump. I carried my things and hurried out of the class.

Avan’s POV

As I walked into the guardians lounge I listened to Williams talk about one of the students in my class. Although I didn’t have much interest having any conversation of any kind, I wanted to more about the girl; Ariana.

“We can’t let her go on like this, she still has a long way to go” Williams raised his voice as he was talking to other teachers and guardians.

“What she needs right now is someone that can train her and develop her skills”

“But sir, we are all packed up with other duties especially the safety of this school as Dehazrious is about to resurface” one of the guardians commented.

“That’s why we need her to be strong, he is looking for her” he said his expression serious.

“I will train her” I spoke for the first time. Shit I didn’t think before I saying that.

Everyone looked at me stunned, probably because I’d never made such an offer before.

“What, she needs a trainer doesn’t she?” I asked bringing an eyebrow up.

“Yes, wow Mr. Shane; it would be an honor to have you train her.” Williams grinned widely.